Budget Counselor/Financial Coach
Company: Newcap, Inc.
Posted on: February 26, 2021
WORKSITE: Oconto, Wisconsin JOB PURPOSE: Provide credit
management counseling and in-depth budget counseling to clients.
Perform outreach efforts to raise visibility, and garner financial
support for program. Provide agency intake support and manage the
Representative Payee Program. AGENCY EXPECTATIONS: Adhere to agency
policy and procedures. Perform duties as workload necessitates.
Maintain a positive and respectful attitude. Communicate regularly
with supervisor. Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management
and ability to prioritize workload. Consistently report to work on
time prepared to perform duties of position. Meet productivity
standards. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Financial
- Provide budget counseling and credit/debt management counseling
- Assess client's overall financial picture and determine an
action plan to gain control of finances, manage debt, and meet
- Maintain knowledge of credit/debt management procedures and
options, as well as budget counseling techniques, foreclosure
intervention practices, loan modification and refinancing options,
and medical and insurance debt procedures.
- Create relationships with community realtors to familiarize
them with Newcap programs.
- Create relationships with community banks to garner support for
- Assist with student loan modifications and offer budgeting
solutions. Agency Intake:
- Take calls from clients in need of agency programs, ask
- Refer to appropriate agencies or begin application process by
sending application packet.
- Process applications and put together a complete package to
meet State/Federal compliance guidelines.
- Maintain knowledge of all Newcap programs and related community
programs and services.
- Maintain relationships and network with other community-based
- Perform word processing, copying, data collection, report
preparation, and other clerical assignments. Foreclosure Prevention
and Homebuyer Program:
- Advocate for clients and assist with mortgage modification and
- Must be knowledgeable in HCRI (Housing Cost Reduction
- Collaborates with peer organizations, local school districts
and colleges, in presenting educational seminars.
- Work with clients on a one-on-one basis to provide education,
guidance and referrals tailored to each client's unique
- Develops outreach programs and strategies to bring awareness to
the communities Newcap serves in an effort to expand services.
- Provide housing pre-purchasing counseling.
- Complete HUD Homebuyer and Foreclosure Certification within one
year of hire. Representative Payee Program:
- Develop and implement the Representative Payee program.
- Complete the annual Representative Payee Report for each
client, listing client funds received and funds spent.
- Learn and follow SSA rules and how the benefits are determined
utilizing each beneficiary's funds to their highest capacity to
meet the beneficiary's needs.
- Daily processes and management of cutting checks for members
personal needs, extra requests, emergency requests.
- Daily decision making based on member needs vs. wants and
making good decisions based that their funds will last through each
- Coordinate with others (such as county case managers, housing
staff, counselors, etc.) who are assisting the client on issues
related to client finances or client behavior related to
- Closely monitor all assigned cases and maintain appropriate,
accurate electronic and paper records of deposits, payments, and
- Meet individually with clients to determine weekly/monthly
spending requests, discuss changes in bills, assist with utility
- Determine a client's basic monthly needs and how best to
address them base on their income and abilities to
- Provide timely notification to Social Security Administration
if a client experiences any changes in circumstances, such as
address change, change in employment, etc.
- Educate other agency payees to ensure they fully understand
their duties and responsibilities. PERSONAL AND BEHAVORIAL
- Reliable, dependable, prompt, organized, and work well with
- Pleasant, professional, and courteous demeanor.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Follow standard office procedures.
- Sensitive to people's needs.
- Maintain complete confidentiality in all NEWCAP
- Show respect and treat all people with dignity.
- Flexible and able to adapt to different situations.
- Multitask effectively.
Keywords: Newcap, Inc., Green Bay , Budget Counselor/Financial Coach, Accounting, Auditing , Oconto, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!