Morning Weekday Anchor, WGBA
Company: The E.W. Scripps Company
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: October 18, 2020
WGBA-TV, the Scripps NBC Station in Green Bay, WI is looking for
an outstanding Weekday Morning Anchor/Reporter to join our
We are committed to representing the audiences we serve. These are
our neighbors, our friends and family. Our employees bring their
whole selves to work - a diversity of backgrounds, ideas, opinions,
life experiences and hobbies. We celebrate what makes us similar -
like our passion for journalism -- as much as we celebrate our
differences. We welcome bright ideas and encourage an
entrepreneurial spirit that will help us shape the future of our
industry. Bring your passion and we will nourish your career with
the tools to help you exceed your wildest career aspirations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Anchor weekday morning newscasts and assume a leadership role
in the newsroom.
- Able to deliver the news in a smooth, conversational,
approachable, yet authoritative tone.
- Research stories by calling sources and attending news
- Organize and set up interviews and video shoots.
- Produce strong and accurate live reports from the scene of news
stories and other events.
- Write story content and edit and review video in order to put
- Anchor newscasts live in the field.
- Engage viewers via social media on a daily basis.
- Take part in station and independent community service events
- Assist in transporting equipment such as cameras and tripods
(possibly up to thirty pounds).
- Host in-depth programming on our 24 hour cable channel.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Working knowledge of computers, photography, editing, social
media and the Internet.
- Strong broadcast and digital writing skills.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
- Work well with news and production staffs.
- Ability to type, using a newsroom computer system.
- Flexibility to work as needed within station hours of
operation, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- College degree required.
- Professional appearance and behavior.
- Must be able to lift equipment such as cameras a tripods
weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Position requires spending time outdoors, including in
extremely hot or cold conditions, and transporting equipment across
uneven terrain on foot.
- Capability to gather information on the telephone for
- Prefer five (5) years experience as a television news
- Must have eight (8) years experience as a television news
- Proven ability to relate to the public and share information
via social media.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) advances understanding of
the world through journalism. As the nation's fourth-largest
independent TV station owner, Scripps operates 60 television
stations in 42 markets. Scripps empowers the next generation of
news consumers with its multiplatform news network Newsy and
reaches growing audiences through broadcast networks including
Bounce and Court TV. Shaping the future of storytelling through
digital audio, Scripps owns top podcast company Stitcher and
Triton, the global leader in technology and measurement services.
Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in
Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps
National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for
decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps
Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment
decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender,
color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition,
disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and
military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which
would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local
law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations
for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so
would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Keywords: The E.W. Scripps Company, Green Bay , Morning Weekday Anchor, WGBA, Advertising , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!