WGBA - Evening News Anchor
Company: The E.W. Scripps Company
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: January 14, 2019
WGBA -TV, the Scripps owned NBC affiliate in Green Bay, WI, has an exciting opportunity for an Evening Anchor. The evening anchor is responsible for preparing and delivering news reports for our Regional Emmy-- winning team at NBC26. Key activities
- Co-anchor the Evening newscast, Monday through Friday
- Gather and write news content for multiple platforms, including posting stories on the Internet
- Report live on location from various news events
- Research and develop news stories
- Perform various community service activities for station, including performing as master of ceremonies for public service events and as host/hostess for station events
- Periodically required to drive personal or company vehicle to cover various assignments
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned Education & Experience/Certifications
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- At least 6 years on camera experience. Work environment
- Yes - Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required. The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio, and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including \"Pickler & Ben,\" runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, \"Give light and the people will find their own way.\" As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company. If interested in this opportunity, please apply online at http://scripps.com/careers. Candidates offered a position of employment must successfully pass a drug and background screen.
Keywords: The E.W. Scripps Company, Green Bay , WGBA - Evening News Anchor, Advertising , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!