Maintenance Mechanic Weekend Shift
Company: Central Garden & Pet
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Kaytee is growing and we are currently looking to add a 2nd
Shift -Weekend Maintenance Mechanic to our team. - -You would
mainly be responsible for project work such as installation of
equipment, fabrication, and preventative maintenance. At Kaytee,
you have the opportunity to work with products for birds, hamsters,
rabbits and other small animals. - We offer a clean work
environment with free uniforms, onsite fitness center and an onsite
Health & Wellness -clinic for employees and their families. Other
benefits include full medical, dental and vision coverage, free
life and disability insurance and a full 3% match on your 401k
contributions, along with a yearly profit-sharing bonus. If you
find your skills match the qualifications we are seeking below, we
invite you to apply for this position! MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Examines machinery or mechanical equipment; identifies reasons
for malfunction and completes repairs and/or maintenance.
- Uses hand tools, power tools, and testing instruments to repair
and maintain production equipment and ancillary equipment.
- Cleans plant facilities, equipment, and work areas as
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and
- Follows established safety and environmental policies and
procedures and promotes continuous improvement of safety and
environmental performance in the workplace.
- Performs special program tasks, such as annual and semi-annual
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for reporting any Food Safety issues to authorized
personnel for correction, once trained. IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- 2-4 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing
environment and/or Mechanical/Millwright Journeyman.
- Experience working with packaging equipment is preferred, but
- Ability to interpret technical manuals.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance according to
- Ability to repair mechanical equipment.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety
- Knowledge of maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment and
- Ability to test systems and/or operations in compliance with
- Ability to accurately use rules, calipers, micrometers, and
other related measuring tools.
- Knowledge of inspecting and cleaning utility plant
- Ability to work in elevated locations (elevator legs) -
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Work involves regular exposure to unusual elements, such as
-temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises. -
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous
situations that require following extensive safety precautions and
will include the use of protective equipment. - Frequent physical
- Requires -physical work; lifting, pushing, or pulling required
of objects up to 50 pounds, and as needed the ability to lift
and/or move 50-100 pounds (with assistance). -
- This job also requires the ability to regularly climb, lift,
bend, stand, walk, twist, turn, and reach with arms and hands.
- Hours of work will be on the weekends where you will work
3-12s-Friday, Saturday, Sunday. When you work your 36 hours, we
will give you 4 for FREE every week! At Central Garden & Pet
(NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our
lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy
and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people
across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K.,
Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom
bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are
united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet
industries---one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time.
Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more. We are an equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
characteristic protected by law. #LI-TS1
Keywords: Central Garden & Pet, Green Bay , Maintenance Mechanic Weekend Shift, Engineering , Chilton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!