Company: Wausau Window and Wall Systems
Posted on: August 7, 2022
POSITION SUMMARYProvide timely, accurate, comprehensive, and
value engineered technical support to various areas of the company
by determining structural adequacy of window and wall systems.
POSITION DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assume responsible charge over drawings and calculations
produced by Wausau Window and Wall Systems.
- Interpret Architectural and Structural drawings and commercial
- Preform calculations required to prove the structural adequacy
of window and wall systems.
- Communicate structural milestones to project managers.
- Review and red line shop drawings to convey structural
requirements of window and wall systems.
- Assemble and stamp formal structural calculations for project
- Peer review the work of other structural engineers as
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously without oversight. This
may occasionally include supervising and reviewing the work of
another structural engineer.
- Size anchorage and determine required fastener quantities into
- Analyze aluminum frame members and determine when reinforcement
- Determine applicable building codes and loads that affect
design window and wall systems.
- Run and interpret section properties of extrusions.
- Use various structural engineering software programs.
- Providing technical support to various areas of the company,
including: Estimating, Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, Project
Management, Manufacturing, and Field Service to help ensure proper
product selection, value engineered bidding and design, clearly
communicated design intent, and customer satisfaction.
- Assist designers with the design of components, such as
reinforcing, splice locations, and anchorage concepts.
- Coordinate structural design of Wausau Window and Wall System's
products with outside vendors to insure cost effective and quality
products are provided to our customers.
- Maintain communication with the project manager and manage
tasks appropriately to meet project schedules and customer
- Assist manufacturing with concerns and issues relative to
structural integrity of products.
- Participate in kick-off and project design review meetings to
promote value engineering and schedule attainment.
- Advise of new developments which may affect profit, schedule,
costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental
- Maintain a working knowledge of new technologies which may
improve operations, and develop recommendations accordingly.
- Adhere to established Safety policies and procedures to ensure
a safe environment for all associates.
- Lead or participate in continuous improvement process.
- Undertake job responsibilities in a manner consistent with the
Company's Core Values.
- Responsible for value engineering projects to maintain budgets
and regulatory requirements
- Analyze aluminum frames for building movements and applicable
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor degree in Civil, Structural, or Mechanical Engineering
from an ABET accredited university.
- Candidates who also hold a Master's degree is preferred.
- Candidates who hold a current NCEES record is preferred.
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain licensure as a
Professional Engineer within 6 months of hire.
- Candidates currently licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE)
or Structural Engineer (SE) is preferred.
SKILL and KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Full understanding of commercial building structural design
- Proficient in the design methodologies for steel, concrete,
masonry, and wood construction materials.
- Proficient in the use of statics for structural
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings,
structural drawings, shop drawings, and commercial building project
- Understand construction, engineering and architectural
- Familiar with building codes and regulatory requirements for
commercial construction projects.Computer Skills :
- AutoCAD efficiency (2D & 3D), Inventor or Solidworks
- Visual Analysis, Nastran or other FEA program
- Knowledge of BIM (Building Information Modeling)
WORK ENVIRONMENT/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTSMostly an office environment
with occasional visits to the manufacturing floor. The noise levels
in the work environment are usually moderate.
Window and Wall Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
Affirmative Action Company. Women, minorities, protected veterans,
and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Wausau Window and Wall Systems, Green Bay , Structural Engineer, Engineering , Wausau, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!