Electrical Controls Engineer
Company: Green Bay Packaging Inc.
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Electrical Controls Engineer
Due to continued, strong growth, Green Bay Packaging Inc., Coated
Products Operations, is currently seeking a Electrical Controls
Engineer for our manufacturing facility located in Green Bay, WI.
This position will be a part of the Process Improvement team
reporting to the Technical Director.
Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a family owned,
vertically-integrated company consisting of corrugated container
plants, a folding carton facility, recycled and virgin
containerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock plants,
timberlands, a paper slitting operation, and a sawmill facility.
Headquartered in Green Bay, Wis., Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs
over 4,000 team members and operates over 35 facilities in 16
states each with a dedication to innovative development of its
products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety,
sustainability, quality, and continuous improvement. For more
information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
The Coated Products Operations (CPO) consists of three
manufacturing plants, four Slitting and Distribution Centers, and a
majority interest partnership in Mexico. The CPO manufactures
pressure sensitive label stock, utilizing a variety of face stock,
adhesive and release liner combinations. Product capabilities
include an expanded film line, as well as traditional paper, foil
and thermal offerings.
The Coated Products facility in Green Bay completed a major
expansion, making this plant a state-of-the-art facility. The
expansion doubled the size of this plant, and includes a new
building, Coater, Slitters and Automated Sequencing System.
The Electrical Controls Engineer will be involved in optimizing our
processes including coating, drying, web handling, web
conditioning, slitting, treating, material handling, and packaging,
as well as other support processes. Responsibilities will include
installation and technical support of hardware and software.
In addition, duties will include providing engineering and project
management support of capital throughout our various facilities,
including ideation, cost justification, design, scheduling, vendor/
contractor interface, installation, start-up, debugging, and
maintenance training. The position will require some domestic and
Salary Range: $70,000 – $90,000
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Process monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Leading and participating in process optimization
- Engineering process design changes to meet new product
- Leading projects to improve safety, quality, process stability,
- Staying abreast of new equipment and process
- Creating and coordinating training programs to support the
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5 years combined experience in production, maintenance, or
- Excellent communication, organizational, and data analysis
- Lean/6 sigma skills or equivalent problems solving
- Pressure sensitive adhesives and/or web handling experience a
Ability to work with "state of the art" as well as "legacy" control
systems. Examples include:
- Working knowledge of common industrial networks (Ethernet/IP,
- Experience with Wonderware HMI software.
- Working knowledge of Rockwell and Siemens Automation platforms,
common processor types, and I/O configurations.
- Working knowledge of common PLC programming languages such as
ladder logic, function block diagrams, sequential flow
- Theoretical understanding of DC, AC and AC Servo drive
- Understanding of IT systems and their interactions with
industrial networking systems.
We offer a stable work environment, modern facilities and a high
quality of life location in Green Bay, WI. In addition, the
selected candidate will receive a competitive salary and an
excellent benefit package including Medical, Dental, Prescription
Drug, Vision, Life, LTD/STD, and Company matching 401(k).
If you are interested in exploring this exceptional career
opportunity with a solid, stable company, please apply online
Keywords: Green Bay Packaging Inc., Green Bay , Electrical Controls Engineer, Engineering , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!