Company: Manitowoc Co.
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Essential Job Functions
- Perform structural design and analysis for large crane
weldments and assemblies.
- Support new product development by defining requirements,
developing and optimizing design, and verifying structural
integrity by use of analysis tools such as hand calculations, 3D
modeling, and FEA models/simulations.
- Prepare concept sketches, layouts, models, drawings, design
reports, and specification documents.
- Collaborate and coordinate activities with other groups within
the Product Engineering department.
- Actively participate in cross-functional teams to identify and
implement product improvements.
- Develop test procedures and assist with planning and
coordination of component and system test and validation.
- Generate load charts for new crane products and validate via
- Review existing crane designs for modifications related to
field repairs, customizations, cost savings, material substitutions
or component changes.
- Resolve design issues identified by manufacturing, test,
customer, and warranty feedback.
- Assignments include new product design, product improvements,
test analysis, production liaison and service liaison utilizing a
variety of engineering disciplines. Minimum Job Requirements /
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 5 years of structural
- Strong analytical skills applying standard engineering practice
for performing structural calculations on fabricated structures and
- Demonstrated experience in the application of finite element
methods for the design and optimization of fabricated structures.
Experience with ANSYS preferred.
- Familiarity with construction, agricultural or heavy equipment,
and/or hands on mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrated experience with 3D modeling software, Creo
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- This position is in a normal office environment with some
exposure to the manufacturing shop floor and product test
- Travel required up to 10% of the time. Health & Safety
- Perform job functions in a safe manner.
- Wear all Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) required by
Company policy for the job being performed.
- Know and follow established job specific and facility wide
safety and health procedures and rules.
- Actively participate in safety and health training and
demonstrate competency based on training received.
- Bring safety and health issues, unsafe acts, and safety
suggestions to management's attention or correct those you can.
The Manitowoc Company, Inc. was founded in 1902 and has over a
120-year tradition of providing high-quality, customer-focused
products and support services to its markets. Manitowoc is one of
the world's leading providers of engineered lifting solutions.
Manitowoc, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, designs,
manufactures, markets, and supports comprehensive product lines of
mobile hydraulic cranes, tower cranes, lattice-boom crawler cranes
and boom trucks under the Grove, Manitowoc, National Crane, Potain
and Shuttlelift brand names.
EOE / DISABLED / VETERAN
Keywords: Manitowoc Co., Green Bay , Sr Engineer, Engineering , Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...