Chief Engineer - Manufacturing
Company: Oshkosh Corporation
Posted on: May 26, 2023
About Kewaunee, an Oshkosh companyKewaunee Fabrications is a
top-quality, heavy fabrication specialist. Since 1941, we've
offered turnkey advantages by providing all aspects of heavy
fabrications-manufacturing, engineering, cutting, forming, welding,
machining, blasting, painting and assembly-under one roof. It's
what we do. From start to finish, we offer the single-source
advantages of greater control and efficiency, improved accuracy and
complete accountability. In 1999, Kewaunee Fabrications joined the
Oshkosh family and helps transform tomorrow with their innovative
heavy fabrication capabilities.Chief Manufacturing Engineer Overall
responsibility over engineering team working on manufacturing
engineering, industrial engineering, design online, and tooling
design projects. Ownership over development and continuous
refinement of manufacturing processes within one or more
facilities. Responsible for manufacturing readiness of new product
development projects.YOUR IMPACT:
- Participate in the budgeting process to include recommending
capital improvements and preparing justification data as
- Researches, studies, and proposes use of new technologies to be
used to improve manufacturing processes.
- Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and
external customers, and outside resources concerning technical
- Communicate project objectives to team members.
- Participate in all phases of the NPD process to ensure product
launches are successful in manufacturing.
- Evaluate designs for manufacturability.
- Create and maintain project documentation for project planning,
requirements analysis, risk management, issues management, status
reporting, project communication, and quality assurance.
- Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is
consistent with the Oshkosh Way. Conduct duties consistent with the
Company's mission statement, quality objectives, and defined
policies and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and
- Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering via verbal
or written communication.
- Establishes priorities for work delegated to others.
- Provide leadership to the Business Unit (BU) engineering group
as needed to support BU and Corporate business objectives. This
includes the development of a strategic vision for the department
as well as providing effective support for all aspects of the
organization through the creation of innovative processes.
- Provide management/leadership to technical staff including
resource planning, scheduling, and administration to ensure program
- Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical
- 10-plus years related experienceSTANDOUT QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience managing large capital projects
- Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles and related
- Strong verbal presentation and written communication
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience and active participation in relevant professional
organizations (SAE, IFEE, etc.)
- Previous experience with tooling and fixturing and tool design
- Extensive background in welding of all kinds and welding
- Knowledge of different drawing software's (Catia, Solidworks,
etc) and business operating systemsWHY KEWAUNEE FABRICATIONS?Moving
the future forward is our priority and this includes your future.
We encourage professional development and champion our employees'
success through various skills and training opportunities. Named
one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute
for six consecutive years, everything we do at Oshkosh is guided by
our core values and the 15k+ team members around the world who
embody them.We put people first. We do the right thing. We
persevere. We are better together.We offer our employees an
outstanding range of benefits, including:* Eligibility on Day 1 for
medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance* Up to $10,000
each year for tuition reimbursement to allow you to further your
education in a degreed program (Associates, Bachelor's or Master's
degree programs)* 401k plan with company match, $.50 for every
dollar up to 6%* Competitive paid-time off plans* Company bonus
plan, free life, short and long-term disability plans* Health
Saving Account (HSA) with company contribution up to $1K per year*
Many, many more!*OSK1917#LI-BB1Oshkosh is committed to working with
and offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with
disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to
disability for any part of the employment process, please contact
us at: 920-502-3009 or
email@example.com.Oshkosh Corporation is
an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company
will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information
collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way
affect the decision regarding an employment application.Oshkosh
Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.Certain
positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled
goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants
for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in
these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen,
lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted
as a refugee or granted asylum.
Keywords: Oshkosh Corporation, Green Bay , Chief Engineer - Manufacturing, Engineering , Kewaunee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...