Chief Operations Officer
Company: WISCONSIN CREDIT UNION LEAGUE
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Chief Operations Officer - Shipbuilders Credit Union Job Posted:
Apr 1, 2021
Job Expires: May 31, 2021 SummaryThis position will report directly
to the President/CEO and will be responsible for supporting the
President/CEO of the credit union in the overall management with
regards to the branch operations as it relates to the front-end and
back-end operations of the credit union. This position will be
responsible for the supervision, leadership and mentoring of the
Branch Managers, Member Service Representatives, Tellers and
Reception. The Chief Operations Officer will be responsible for
managing all aspects of the operations of multiple branches to
ensure effective and efficient operations, quality of member
service, and compliance with existing regulations and policies for
each location. This is a full-time position that will be located at
the Washington Street location in Manitowoc,
- Develop, implement and maintain operative procedures and key
metrics related to the day-to-day operations to maximize efficiency
and effectiveness of daily completion of tasks and deadlines
- Ensure that the President/CEO is kept fully informed of all
circumstances related to the functions and operations of the credit
- Prepare reports and other related information as requested by
the President/CEO in preparation for monthly board meetings.
- Responsible for reviewal and approval of loans.--
- Responsible for all processes and policies related to risk
management to include but not limited to; audit, compliance, and
security practices and procedures.--
- Supervise new account and deposit procedures such as; ATM/Debit
cards, IRA's, CD's, HSA's, checking, savings and money market
- Ensure the members experience is well-mannered, focused and
effective at all times.
- Handle all member relations including, but not limited to
complaints, concerns, questions, etc. and ensure that they are
resolved in a timely manner.--
- Maintain daily contact with Branch Managers, providing support,
input, feedback, and direction concerning their daily
- Maintain branch equipment and facility supply inventory,
reordering items as necessary.
- Manage branch facilities, with responsibility for the overall
physical maintenance and day to day facility needs as well as
working with the current contractors assigned for snow removal,
heating, security, etc.--
- Responsible for ensuring the safety and security of each
- Monitor branch activity, including number of transactions,
volume, teller errors, loan volume, teller and loan personal sales,
deposits, and new accounts.
- Prescreen daily Bank Secrecy Act questions and route to the
appropriate Administrator within Shipbuilders.--
- Order appraisal and evaluations.--
- Create and prepare appraisal reviews for the Mortgage
- Complete random cash counts for all branch locations and
- Hold periodic staff meetings. Identify areas for improvement,
changes in procedures, new developments, or changes in services or
- Analyze data and the use of technology in all areas related to
operations and make recommendations to the management team in
regards to research and implementation of new programs and/or
products to increase utilization and growth of the credit union,
products, services, etc.--
- Schedule branch staff, including PTO and all other time off, to
ensure adequate staffing for efficient branch operation.
- Monitor procedures to comply with credit union policies and
governmental rules and regulations. Work with other department
heads to maintain consistency in credit union policies and
- Conduct or assist in conducting market research on industry
- Recommend programs and projects beneficial to the credit union
and its members as a result of research, trends, member
satisfaction survey, etc.--
- Maintain time cards and time sheets for all branch staff.
- Evaluate the job performance of branch staff to ensure quality
of work and service to members and the credit union.
- Communicate goals and direction with branch staff to ensure
clear understanding of rules, regulations, requirements, compliance
- Comply with government and other regulations affecting the
credit union industry, including but not limited to the Bank
Secrecy Act and the USA Patriot Act.
- Keep abreast of changes in the industry and changing trends and
react to changes in a way that maintains competitiveness. Please
note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice.--Hours per week
- The hours for this position will consist of 40 hours per
- Our typical branch hours are 8:00 am-5:00 pm Monday-Friday.
- $45,000 - $90,000, based on experienceQualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or related field
- Previous loan authority (preferred).
- 5 years of operations experience in the financial industry
- 5 years of progressive management experience in the financial
- Valid Driver's License (required).
- Advanced mathematical skills (calculations and concepts
involving decimals, percentages, fractions, etc.)
- In depth and comprehensive knowledge of financial services
including but not limited to; guidelines, protocols, and operations
practices related to compliance and internal controls.
- Strong leadership, mentoring, supervisory and interpersonal
- Previous experience with development and implementation of
impactful operations strategies preferred.
- Advanced knowledge with Microsoft office products, financial
reporting systems, and project management systems preferred.--
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to analyze existing processes, identify issues
and opportunities for improvements and increased efficiencies.
- Experience with financial institution software systems
preferred.--- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of
time.Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit,
stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; and talk or
hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; reach with
hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Finger dexterity
for operating computer keyboard, calculator, telephone, and other
equipment used by the Chief Operations Officer. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use
hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach
with hands and arms; talk or hear Lifting and carrying files,
documents, etc. Ability to sit for long periods of time as well as
traveling to and from different branch locations when
required.--Work Environment--The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical
parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually
- NoHow to ApplySend a resume via email or mail to: Shipbuilders
2001 Washington Street
Manitowoc, WI 54220
Keywords: WISCONSIN CREDIT UNION LEAGUE, Green Bay , Chief Operations Officer, Executive , Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!