Company: Independence Village
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Executive Director Independence Village of PetoskeyThe Executive
Director is responsible for the Experience at the community. Every
interaction with a resident affects their overall life quality and
determines the direction the culture of the community will take.
The Executive Director is 100% focused on creating a 1440
experience for every person that walks through the door. Employees,
residents, families, visitors, and staff are all part of the
experience. The multitude of interactions and our response to those
interactions sets us apart from other senior living providers and
places us above the rest. The Executive Director will have an open
door policy to communicate, listen, and assist each person with
compassion and patience, while spending 80% of each day focused on
interacting with residents, families, and staff. The Executive
Director will lead by example, build relationships, and earn the
trust and respect of others.
Required Experience for Executive Director
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Health Care, Hotel/Restaurant
Management, Gerontology, or equivalent experience.
- Fulfillment of any necessary state-specific certification for
Licensed Assisted Living or equivalent.
- Demonstrate passion for leading and developing people as well
as promoting excellent service delivery to residents.
- Exceptional hospitality skills with knowledge of and special
sensitivity to the needs of aging adults and their families.
- Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a variety
of publics, including employees, residents, families, ownership
groups, community groups, government agencies, etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and
- A broad understanding of federal and state laws related to the
operation of a Senior Assisted Living Community.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Some travel may be required.
- May be required to attend Real Estate Class and obtain
licensure / 6 months to begin process.
Primary Responsibilities for Executive Director
- Actively support our culture - our pillars, 1440, and a culture
- Promotes staff to exhibit 1440 behaviors by leading by
- Establish, builds, and maintains positive relationships with
residents and families.
- Responsible for driving the Experience at the community.
- Promote our company's philosophy to employees, residents,
families, and prospects.
- Supports the sales process to convert prospective residents
into actual residents.
- Responsible for the move in Momentum, including collaboration
with various departments to ensure resident needs are met
accordingly and assisting resident/families.
- Conducts Resident Forums on a monthly basis to hear and respond
to resident concerns.
- Responsible for leading stand-ups to review concerns and
address issues related to the Experience.
- Partners with Functional Leaders on reporting
- Ensures on-going compliance with all regulatory
- Actively seeks feedback daily from residents through
face-to-face interaction to ensure satisfaction.
- Ensure adequate preparation for, and participate in, regulatory
- Responsible for ensuring the Community's safety.
- The Executive Director performs other similar or related duties
as assigned or necessary.
General Working ConditionsThis position entails standing for long
periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is required to communicate effectively with others, sit,
stand, walk and use hands to handle keyboard, telephone, paper,
files, and other equipment and objects. The employee is
occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. This position
requires the ability to review detailed documents and read computer
screens. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. The work environment requires appropriate interaction with
others. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Occasional travel to different locations may be required.
Connecting Seniors, Families and CommunitiesFor over 37 years, our
senior living communities have served seniors and their families
across Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, and Tennessee, with
each location offering unique services including independent,
enhanced, and assisted living, as well as memory care and
rehabilitation and skilled nursing. Through forming authentic
connections and committing to creating the absolute best
experiences each day for our residents and their families, we've
created a special culture within our communities that allows our
employees to do their best work and our residents to shine every
Not Just Making Every Day Great. Making Every Minute Great. There
are 1,440 minutes in every single day. We aspire to make each one
of them an exceptional moment. This philosophy is supported by our
6 powerful, yet simple pillars: Dream Big, Have Courage, Take
Initiative, Be Accountable, Give Back & Enjoy it. We strive to
fulfill the aspirational yet unattainable goal of creating the
absolute best experience with every person, in every interaction,
every minute of every day.
It begins with empowering our employees. Every employee, at every
level of the company, is expected to perform like a leader.
Everyone is encouraged and expected to put the needs of each other
above everything else. No one here just "does their job" The
mission is to create the absolute best experiences. This emphasis
on putting people first has helped us successfully grow for the
We have developed an environment that attracts dreamers,
adventurers, creators, givers and believers to seek career
opportunities with us. We find people who believe that true
happiness is only found in the service of others. We want
high-performers with diverse skill-sets and big hearts. We treat
each other as family and find that close collaboration creates the
If you love serving others, and are looking for an opportunity to
thrive, CommonSail Investment Group and our businesses is your
This classification description is intended to indicate the general
kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that are required of
positions given this title and should not be construed as declaring
what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular
position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify
the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work
of the employees under her/his supervision. The use of a particular
expression or illustration describing duties shall not exclude
other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of
difficulty.Equal Opportunity EmployerClick on glassdoor to see our
Keywords: Independence Village, Green Bay , Executive Director, Executive , Charlevoix, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!