Cost Accounting Manager
Company: Neenah Foundry Company
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Manage cost accounting functions for the Neenah, Wisconsin, and
Lincoln, Nebraska foundry locations. Provide cost analysis support
to other functional departments by providing, analyzing and
interpreting financial and cost data. *Essential Functions* Job
duties may change over time and additional job functions may become
essential. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
* Act as a safety leader and put safety first in all
responsibilities, promoting an environment where each employee
makes safety their priority.
* Become the subject matter expert for all cost accounting related
* Partner with other functional areas (Pricing, Supply Chain,
Marketing, etc) to understand costs, variances, and other operating
measures, including product margins
* Maintain standard cost system used as the basis for inventory
valuation and determining product profitability.
* Gather and analyze financial data to determine and periodically
update standard costs; material cost, labor & overhead rates, scrap
levels, run speeds, setup times, etc.
* Monitor spending on key categories to include maintenance,
supplies, and consumables, and support company initiatives to
* Act as a resource with sites to identify cost saving project
development and investment justifications.
* Benchmark costs against other facilities or industry metrics.
* Evaluate risks and opportunities to improve plant efficiencies
and working capital reductions
* Assist with quotations for new products or process improvements
supporting the business.
* Prepare and monitor manufacturing production efficiencies as well
as spending performance.
* Perform various other financial analyses as requested by
management, manufacturing or other departments. *Expected Areas of
* Strong math skills.
* Ability to operate a PC, calculator and other miscellaneous
* Attention to accuracy and detail.
* Interpersonal communication, analytical thinking and problem
* Must have strong Microsoft Excel and Word ability.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Knowledge of basic accounting and economic principles.
* A drive to improve processes with a continuous improvement
mindset. This position description is intended to cover the most
significant, ongoing job functions and competency areas. Successful
performance in the role will require performing satisfactorily
other duties as assigned. *Education and Experience
* At least 2-5 years cost accounting experience in a manufacturing
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. *Physical
Requirements* Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force
occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or
constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects,
including the human body. The worker must be able to access,
analyze and otherwise work with, enter information stored in or
obtained through the company's computer system, and to communicate
effectively with co-workers and third parties who have business
dealings with the Company's Finance operations. *Travel
Requirements* No significant travel is expected for this position
Candidates for positions with NEI, Neenah Foundry Company and its
subsidiaries must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at
the time of hire. All offers of employment will be conditioned upon
successful completion of a post-offer, pre-hire background check
and drug screen. Visa sponsorship is not available for this
position. NEI, including Neenah Foundry Company and its
subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a
culturally diverse workforce.
EEO/AAP/Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Job Type: Full-time Pay: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday Application Question(s):
* How many years of related experience do you have? Work Location:
Keywords: Neenah Foundry Company, Green Bay , Cost Accounting Manager, Executive , Neenah, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!