GB Director of Clinical Services
Company: Strategic Behavioral Health
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: July 13, 2019
Job DetailsLevel ManagementJob Location SBH Green Bay - Green Bay,
WIPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level Masters DegreeSalary Range
UndisclosedTravel Percentage UndisclosedJob Shift UndisclosedJob
Category Health CareDescription Join US and be a part of a dynamic
We Believe in providing the highest quality of behavioral health
care through demonstrating compassion, empathy and perseverance for
our patients and their entrusting families. Willow Creek Behavioral
Health is a new 72 bed psychiatric hospital. This state-of-the-art
facility underscores our commitment to individuals and families
seeking support and treatment with debilitating psychiatric
Reporting to the CEO and a member of the senior management team,
the Director of Clinical Services provides facility-wide strategic
planning, leadership and management of the clinical services
programs. Responsibilities include ensuring fidelity to the
clinical model, aligning resources to meet the clinical needs of
the patients, monitors the quality and compliance of case
management systems, and maintains service delivery to licensing and
JCAHO accreditation standards. Serves as "Administrator" on-call
during non-business hours on a rotational bases. Leads and actively
participates in various committee structures employing goal
setting, facilitation, quality outcomes and corresponding
documentation. Interfaces with referral sources and community
representatives to promote services and evolve clinical services to
unmet and underserved needs. A collaborator with other department
leaders and medical staff members in support of a cohesive
multidisciplinary team. Serves as an effective department manager
providing orientation, supervision, continuous professional
development, performance management, payroll, and staff
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In-person and telephone communication is consistently
attentive, responsive and reflects "helpfulness".
- Professional awareness and boundaries are observed. Unnecessary
self-disclosure is minimized.
- Telephones are answered by the third ring whenever possible and
a professional greeting. Dedicated extensions/mobile phones with
voice mail have a personalized greeting, and messages
retrieved/responded to in a timely manner.
- Critical customer encounters are met with advanced customer
service skills and resolved.
- Effectively utilizes Home Office, Vice President of Clinical
Services for consultation in service development.
- Represents the Clinical Services Department at the executive
level. In collaboration with the Medical and Nursing Directors
plans, develops and implements and organizes clinical services
programs as part of the therapeutic environment.
- Develops, organizes and ensures fidelity to clinical programs
based on the specialized patient population's needs.
- Makes staff assignments based upon preparation, orientation and
skill-set. Offers both direct/indirect supervision and mentoring to
- Prepares, communicates, trains and monitors effective
implementation of clinical and program related policies and
- Ensures the effectiveness of the treatment team processes i.e.
patient/family involvement as appropriate, multidisciplinary
participation, liaison to referral sources and meeting
- Requisitions, interviews, selects and actively on-boards
budgeted personnel. Develops and promotes a well prepared clinical
team resulting in cohesion, staff satisfaction and positive patient
- Manages with high visibility, accessibility and upholds a
"open-door fair treatment" approach.
- Conducts regular department meetings to facilitate effective
communication and staff engagement.
- Maintains a sufficient number of policy and procedures and
other instructional guidelines for department operations.
- Ensures the availability of equipment and material resources
needed for designed services.
- Participates in the budgeting process and monitors resources to
approved budgetary guidelines.
- While representing the department's interest, ultimately
facilitates an effective facility-wide multidisciplinary team.
Safety & Quality Management
- Continuously approaches service delivery from a quality
improvement perspective i.e. qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Supports a facility-wide quality/performance improvement plan.
Opportunities for improvement are identified, initiatives
implemented and, as indicated, monitored to desired outcomes.
- Utilizes quality and risk management tools.
- Reviews and, as appropriate, investigates risk occurrences to
practice guidelines, and responds timely with a corrective
- Takes reasonable precautions to prevent a breach of
confidential information and adheres to policies of reporting
suspected HIPAA violations.
Service Development & Promotion
- Maintains for self and others a high level customer service
- Possesses a detailed understanding of the value and
deliverables of the services provided. Aids the business
development team to accurately represent the program's capabilities
and patient outcomes data.
- Presents on clinical topics or services to professional and/or
- Primary liaison to colleges and universities with clinical
internships and job shadowing requirements.
- Provides meaningful staff development opportunities via
in-house and external resources.
Note: The essential job functions of this position are not limited
to the duties listed above.
Willow Creek Behavioral Health provides access and services to all
persons meeting admission and continuing stay criteria without
regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, national origin, military status, veteran status,
medical status, handicap or mental/physical disability. Our patient
population reflects the fullest diversity of the community in which
we serve. All staff are to conduct themselves with respect and
consideration for others, and to appropriately intervene in
situations below this standard.
Child (age 1 - 12 years) Adolescent (age 13 - 17 years) Adult (age
18 - 64 years) Geriatric (age 65 years +)
Qualifications Education / Licensure:
Candidate will possess an accredited master's degree in behavioral
sciences with clinical emphasis i.e. counseling, social work or
psychology, and an unencumbered license issued by an appropriate
state board. For out-of-state applicants, timeframe for obtaining
licensure upon hire will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
1) Knowledgeable of current clinical "scope of practice" approved
within the state 2) Basic management skills i.e., facility
operations, budgeting, payroll and human resources 3) Strong verbal
and written communication 4) Familiar with approved policies and
procedures along with the ability to explain and interpret for
others 5) In-depth understanding of clinical standards for
licensure and accreditation entities with ongoing monitoring 6)
Basic computer skills i.e., e-mail, Word and Excel.
Timely renewal of cardiopulmonary resuscitation for healthcare
professionals certification, annual professional skills
verification and "Handle with Care" (psychiatric crisis management)
Strategic Behavioral Health provides equal employment opportunities
to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Keywords: Strategic Behavioral Health, Green Bay , GB Director of Clinical Services, Executive , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!