Location: Green Bay
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Monday, April 15, 2019
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused
media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening
communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national
reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people
monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer
experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY
and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services
companies ReachLocal, SweetIQ, and United Kingdom media company
Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Publishing Services
Appleton/Green Bay, Wisconsin
$500 signing bonus payable at 90 days of employment
PRIMARY PURPOSE--The District Manager performs under the direction
of the Distribution Supervisor and oversees the daily distribution
operation. He/She works closely with District Managers to maintain
an effective independent contractor delivery force to distribute
all products either produced or distributed by the company while
meeting the department's delivery and financial objectives. This is
a night time position usually starting between 11pm - midnight and
- Distribute daily products to independent contractors in both
home delivery and retail sales.
- Oversite of staging and monitoring carrier activity at the
distribution center to include making sure that each carrier
receives the proper amount of papers and supplies to complete their
- Field operations including delivering on open or down routes as
- Administrative duties such as preparing daily distribution
manifest, maintaining route list and maintain accurate return
- Assist in recruiting, contracting and orientation of new
- Plans, evaluates and executes all department initiatives and
- Operates within guidelines of the department's expense
- Recognizes and promotes opportunities to reduce costs, increase
additional product distribution and improve publication market
- Meet or exceed department home delivery service
- Plans and executes special projects as assigned.
- Maintain a safe and functional distribution center, maintaining
company vehicles and overseeing PT staff.
- High School diploma or GED or 3 to 5 years of
- Contract management.
- Effective communicator.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to mediate and
- Good understanding of basic mathematical skill including
addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of physical
- Fundamental proficiency with computers and technology.
- Effective leadership qualities/skills.
- Ability to plan effectively, including scheduling.
- Valid Driver's License, insurance and reliable vehicle.
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug
free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will
consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color,
national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance,
sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities,
disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran
GPS - District Manager
Keywords: Gannett, Green Bay , District Manager, Executive , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!