Correctional Medicine Operations Manager - RN Needed in Green Bay, WI
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Correctional Medicine opening in Green Bay, Wisconsin. This and
other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Here at
Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people -
our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to
making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"Our Operations Manager is responsible
for the management of the healthcare and mental health team(s), as
contracted, of multiple correctional healthcare facilities, to
ensure compliance with contractual obligations and clinical
guidelines. Acts as a liaison and Corporate representative with the
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Nursing with current
licensure in state(s) within assigned facilities
- Bachelor's or Associates degree in Healthcare Administration,
Business Administration or equivalent degree.Experience:
- Three (3) or more years of experience in supervising a team of
healthcare professionals and administering contracts and/or budgets
in a healthcare environment required.Licenses/Certifications:
- Current licensure in state(s) within assigned facilities.
- Manages service contracts for assigned facilities according to
the agreed-upon terms and conditions of the contracts, including
routine travel to sites managed.
- Responsible for revenue goals and controlling all expenses to
ensure operational performance and financial goals are achieved at
each facility assigned, without compromise of quality patient care.
This includes, but is not limited to, approval of office supplies,
medical supplies, site expenses through the invoicing process,
- Coordinate communication with each assigned facility to
implement fulfillment of contracts by direct contact with
administrative personnel at each assigned facility, handling all
inquiries and assignments.
- Act as liaison between the Corporate office, field employees,
and independent contractors; resolving questions and investigating
- Actively selects and orients new employees, oversees staff and
facilitates training of staff at all assigned facilities.
- Ensures staffing levels are maintained within set budgetary
- Accomplish staffing results at assigned facilities by
communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and
appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining
employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing company policies
and procedures. Is also involved in the performance appraisal
process of staff at assigned sites.
- Ensures confidentiality and security of health records and
medical information is in compliance with HIPAA requirements.
- Assures quality standards are met for all medical, mental
health and dental services as per contract.
- Maintains frequent communications, providing clear, positive,
and constructive communications (both written and verbal) with all
team members and management; and correctional facility staff,
administration and patient patients at all assigned facilities.
Holds regular meetings with correctional facility administrators,
H.S.A., DON or Site Manager and Divisional Director/Divisional Vice
President to review and evaluate monthly reports, needs and
addresses any issues.
- Promotes awareness of security and safety regulations and
procedures at all times and ensures all team members receive proper
training regarding such. Participates in environmental inspections
of the assigned facilities to ensure a safe and sanitary
- Leads in the development of disaster plans for the healthcare
units that is consistent with each assigned facilities over-all
disaster plan. Ensures review and test of healthcare unit disaster
plan completed at least annually. Oversees implementation of
- Ensures the program at assigned facilities is in compliance
with all applicable federal, state and local healthcare standards
of correctional facilities as well as applicable accreditation
- Prepares sites for inspections, audits, accreditations, etc.
Conducts regular documented audits, responds to internal or
external audits, develops or delegates CAP plans, with follow up to
establish best practices of the facilities' activities and
communicates result to the Divisional Director/Divisional Vice
- Must be on-call at all times to respond to staffing,
administrative and medical situations within the correctional
facility. May need to provide clinical assistance per state
- Conducts signs off and approves payroll, site employee
reimbursement, supervision of independent contractors and hourly
contractors where applicable.
- Coordinates and assist with contract renewals, new contracts
and is responsible for new facility startups in assigned area or as
- Regularly reviews health service statistics and provides data
to the VP of Operations Administration.
- Works closely with sales and marketing to promote CHC services
to existing and potential clients.
- Reviews pharmacy usage and provides feedback to sites and/or
- Assist in the coordination of CQI/IC program, at each of the
various site(s) per agreement.
- Ensures assigned sites have all the necessary and current
policies, protocols, procedure manuals, etc. and participates in
the development of any site specific procedures or protocols.
- Works with contract specialist to provide vendor referrals for
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer Keyphrases:
correctional medical services jobs, correctional medicine jobs,
correctional health services jobs, prison health services jobs
Keywords: WellPath, Green Bay , Correctional Medicine Operations Manager - RN Needed in Green Bay, WI, Healthcare , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!