Company: Homes for Independent Living of Wisconsin
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Grow in your Career while caring for adults with significant
As a Direct Care Professional, you will:
- Follow the Individual Service Plan (ISP) created for each
- Perform health monitoring including medication administration,
- Complete daily living activities such as meal preparation,
personal care and light housekeeping
- Assist in building community integration skills through
- Redirect challenging behaviors
Our roles are competitively compensated with a starting wage of
$11.00/hour. Paid out bi-weekly, with the ability to have access up
to 50% of your earnings through PayActiv.
At Homes for Independent Living, a MyPath Company, we want you to
succeed. When you join our team, you will be:
- Enrolled in our comprehensive training program designed to
build your skills and confidence
- Eligible for an amazing line of benefits to include dental,
health, vision, 401K, life insurance and a great PTO accrual
- After your first year of employment with us, you will receive
additional income in company stock, making you an employee owner.
This stock allocation is a company-funded benefit - no investment
from employees is required.
To be considered for this job, you must meet the following
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Demonstrated skill and/or potential in working with individuals
with special needs in a supportive environment.
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain self-composure and self-control under
- Ability to remain comfortable and composed when clients may
exhibit aggressive, challenging, or offensive behaviors
- Valid driver's license for 3 years with an acceptable driving
record per HIL's policy, is strongly preferred
- Access to an insured vehicle is strongly preferred
- Successful completion of a caregiver background check as
mandated by Wisconsin Chapter DHS 12
- Successful completion of a pre-employment TB test and health
As a MyPath company, we support an ownership culture through the
organization. Our culture is based upon five beliefs:
- Continuous Learning and Innovation
As an employee owner you can expect transparency, respect, and
appreciation. You'll impact the place you work and map a career
within Homes for Independent Living or other ORP companies. With
your passion and our breadth of services, your options are nearly
BE A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are an equal opportunity
employer. Men, Women, Minorities, and Veterans are encouraged to
Keywords: Homes for Independent Living of Wisconsin, Green Bay , Caregiver, Healthcare , Whitelaw, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!