Medical Record Technician II- Howard
Company: Prevea Health
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Title Medical Record Technician II- Howard Description Job
Description and Essential Functions Job Title/Position: Medical
Record Technician II Job Classification:
Administrative/Professional Support Date of Analysis: Date of
Revision/Review: 8/2018, 4/19
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities: Providing exceptional
care for our patients as well as recognizing the value of your
co-workers is the expectation of all members of the Prevea Clinic
organization. All members are expected to focus on the patient`s
needs; relate to all in a friendly, accepting manner; communicate
in a positive and professional way to patients and co- workers; use
time effectively and efficiently; and demonstrate an overall high
level of performance. General Summary of Duties: The primary
purpose of this position is to be responsible for recording all
incoming and outgoing medical record transfers, obtaining
appropriate record release authorizations, reproducing legally
requested medical information, and forwarding the medical
information to the requesting parties. This position performs
accurate data entry. This position also keeps and locates
historical medical records of current and past patients. These
charts document the patients` health care and serve as reference to
the doctors when treating patients and/or nurses. This position
handles all of the above for all of the Prevea locations.
Specialized Responsibilities: (This list may not include all of the
- Pulling charts for appropriate department upon request.
- Rerouting patient charts.
- Filing appropriate documents in patient charts.
- Re-filing charts.
- Retrieving charts from various assigned locations.
- Faxing and documenting information in EPIC for continuing
- Data entry in EPIC and other Medical Record Programs
- Float to other Central file sites or Scanning as needed
- Assist with chart reviews
- Other duties as deemed appropriate by Supervisor Performance
- Knowledge of Medical Records filing system
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive
- Ability to file and maintain patient records, files, reports
and other correspondence
- Good telephone etiquette Education/Experience/Certifications:
- Computer experience.
- Knowledge of alphabet/terminal digit filing. Non-Essential
Duties: Other duties as requested by supervisor. Typical Working
Conditions: Office setting, well-lighted and ventilated, adequate
space. Typical Physical Demands: Requires prolonged sitting and/ or
standing. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching, May
require lifting up to 25lbs. Requires use of office equipment, such
as computer terminals, phones, or photocopiers. Requires normal
vision range. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired
will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the
United State and to complete the required employment eligibility
document form upon hire. Prevea participates in E-verify. To learn
more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities,
please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify Essential Functions/Physical
Demands Job Title/Position: Medical Record Technician II Job
Classification: Administrative/Professional Support
Keywords: Prevea Health, Green Bay , Medical Record Technician II- Howard, Healthcare , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!