Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $24-38 per hour
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: January 16, 2022
SSM Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Med Surg for a
nursing job in Ripon, Wisconsin.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Med Surg
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with
dedicated and compassionate employees like you!We empower our
nurses to do what is right for the patient.-- We encourage
collaboration and teamwork and help you to leverage your skills and
fulfill your calling as a nurse.Ripon Medical Center provides
quality healthcare with a personalized approach for nearly 80
years. The facility is state-of-the-art and features 17--private
patient rooms - 14 medical/surgical and--three Intensive Care Unit.
Surgical Services are available and feature three surgical suites
and one endoscopic procedure room. Healing spaces have been
incorporated into the hospital for patients and families to seek
solitude and comfort. A meditation room and healing garden, near
the Emergency Department, are key features, as well as a lot of
natural lighting. Emergency care and urgent care services are
available 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week through
highly-qualified doctors and nurses in the Emergency
Department.This new position is 0.9 Dayshift Weekends Only. They
are all 12-hour shifts. The schedule is every Friday, Saturday,
Sunday 7:00am - 7:00pmSign-On Bonus offered to new hires!$10,000
for Full-time (.80 fte to 1.0 fte)$5,000 for Part-time (.50 fte to
.79 fte) Note: Service commitment of 24 monthsProvides direct
nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures
and protocols of the healthcare organization.PRIMARY
- Uses standards of medical-surgical nursing practice to increase
the quality of care and quality of life for the patient, family,
and significant other(s) by systematically evaluating the quality
and effectiveness of nursing practice.
- Establishes effective relationships and serves as an advocate
with the patient, family, and significant other(s) to facilitate
the development of the care plan unique to the patient's care
- Uses the nursing process to develop and implement the plan of
care, collect assessment data for each patient, determine
appropriate nursing diagnoses, identify expected patient outcomes,
determine the plan of care, implement interventions, and evaluate
- Develops assessment and management strategies based on a
consideration of the physical, functional, cultural, social,
economic, developmental, spiritual, vocational, and leisure
dimensions of human responses to actual and potential health
- Demonstrates knowledge of the impact of actual or potential
illness and each patient's physical, functional, cultural, social,
economic, developmental, spiritual, vocational, and leisure
- Utilizes leadership skills by coordinating and collaborating
with the patient, family, significant other(s), communities, and
members of the inter-professional team in assessing needs, setting
goals, planning interventions, providing care, and evaluating
- Utilizes effective communication to participate with the
patient, family, significant other(s), and other health care
providers in collaborative decision making that reflects the
understanding that care should be culturally sensitive, ethical,
legal, holistic, informed, compassionate, and humane, and within
the boundaries of available economic resources.
- Educates the patient, family, and significant other(s) about
measures that promote, maintain, and restore health or promote
- Fosters a healthy work environment within the practice setting
and profession by serving as a mentor and role model for nursing
colleagues, students, and others.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to medical-surgical nursing
practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on
patient's age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
About SSM HealthSSM Health has grown to be one of the largest
integrated health systems in the country, because leadership,
administration and providers work closely together to find
solutions to the most pressing needs in medical care today.
Collectively, our knowledge and resources are combined to innovate,
optimize workflows and allow for better care delivery and patient
interactions. Physicians and leadership engage in regular
discussions designed to standardize practices that yield better
outcomes across our system.
Physicians, providers and health care leaders seeking the stability
and resources of a large, reputable integrated health system, as
well as the collegiality and respect of peers and the rewards of
practicing in a faith-based organization, choose SSM Health as
their ideal practice setting.
SSM Health's 23 hospitals, more than 290+ physician offices and
outpatient care sites, and 10 post-acute facilities offer vast
opportunities to shape the future of health care throughout
Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.Benefits
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Employee assistance programs
- Continuing Education
- Health savings account
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- 403b retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Relocation bonus
Keywords: SSM Health, Green Bay , Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $24-38 per hour, Healthcare , Ripon, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!