RN - Villa Loretto
Company: SSM Health
Location: Mount Calvary
Posted on: May 15, 2022
This position is eligible for a sign on bonus!Schedule: PM Shift
every other Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and every Wednesday.We
staff one PM charge RN, one 3-9 LPN, certain days we also have a
3-6 RN/LPN med pass. If the PM shift has two med pass (3-9 & 3-6)
the RN does NOT push a med cart. If the PM shift has one med pass
(3-9) the RN pushes the smallest med cart until 1700: currently 15
residents. PM CNA's schedule 5 or 4 depending on availability and
census. We currently have a census of 38. If 5 CNA's are scheduled,
the ratio is 1 CNA: 7.6 residentsIf 4 CNA's... 1 CNA: 9.5
residentsExcellent RN to resident ratio - 5 start ratingExcellent
CNA to resident ratio - 1:8 averageExtremely clean facility with
friendly, long-term staffResponsible for providing skilled nursing
care to residents according to established care plan and in
compliance with federal and state regulations. Provides guidance
and direction to ancillary staff.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides quality care to acute, subacute, and chronically ill
residents, administers medications and treatments according to
standards of care, and maintains competency in all required nursing
- Provides direction to CNAs and monitors the workflow of the
unit to ensure coordination of care. Uses nursing process for:
assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and
evaluation. Report significant changes to physician as
- Maintains accurate inventory of medications at the beginning
and end of each shift. Ensures accurate distribution of medications
to all residents according to the 5 rights. Monitors for medication
side effects. Ensures that medications are provided in a manner
consistent with manufacturer's guidelines.
- Gives guidance and direction to auxiliary staff. Participates
in report meetings at the beginning and end of each shift.
Communicates with residents, guardians, and family members on the
current condition and needs of residents in accordance with
regulations and standards of practice. Provides teaching and
training to residents and families as needed.
- Ensures that preventative measures are in place such as:
specialty mattresses, foam boots, weekly skin checks,
turning/repositioning schedules, toileting schedules, and cushions
in all wheelchairs. Follows up on reports of rashes, open areas,
edema, blisters, skin tears, or bleeding.
- Responds promptly to alarms. Ensures that restraint
alternatives are in place/activated including: personal alarms,
cushion alarms, wheelchair belts, tumble mats, alarm mats,
bolstered beds, hip protectors.
- Provides and ensure quality end of life care. Uses comfort
basket to meet resident and family needs. Ensures hygiene, comfort,
and spiritual needs are met. Treats pain/restlessness. Offers
family courtesy meal trays and other amenities. Demonstrates
compliance with post-mortem care procedures. Participates in
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running. Associated topics: ambulatory, asn,
coronary, domiciliary, hospice, nurse, nurse clinical, nurse rn,
staff nurse, tcu
Keywords: SSM Health, Green Bay , RN - Villa Loretto, Healthcare , Mount Calvary, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!