Company: SSM Health
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Delivers professional nursing care in the operative setting to
patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.PRIMARY
- Performs scrub functions including the selection and handling
of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Performs circulating functions including monitoring, recording
and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing
care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assists operating physician with surgical tasks
including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as
- Prepares operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring
that nursing care is delivered based on patients age-specific needs
and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses
the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the
current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and
our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, Green Bay , RN-Surgery, Healthcare , Ripon, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!