Company: Advocate Christ Medical Center
Location: De Pere
Posted on: January 26, 2023
1881 Chicago St
De Pere, WI 54115
Hours Per Week:
Schedule Details/Additional Information:
Variable hours based on clinic needs, but typically Monday-Friday
between the hours of 8:00-5:00. Some weekend needs may also be
- Prepares and rooms the patient for exam by obtaining vital
signs and documenting/updating pertinent health information (i.e.
chief complaint, allergies, medications).
- Performs laboratory procedures (i.e. strep test, wound culture,
specimen collection, etc.) using principles of aseptic technique
and standard precautions / infection control guidelines.
- Assists the physician/provider with procedures and surgeries
such as pelvic exams, allergy scratch testing, EMG, cautery,
- Administers medications, under physician/provider orders,
including: immunizations, antibiotics, pain medications, vitamins,
topical agents, and insulin. With limitations, initiates, maintains
and discontinues IV therapy; administering selected fluids with
- Provides basic patient education on the performance of tasks,
skills, treatment and self-care. Follows through with necessary
procedure or test requests, prescription refills, new appointment
times and referrals to other facilities or services. Refers
questions to registered nurses and physicians/providers per scope
of practice guidelines and relays information back to patient as
- Performs advanced clinical tasks or skills such as removal of
sutures and staples, catheterization, audiograms, laboratory
procedures (throat/nose culture, drug screen, phlebotomy -
butterfly, venous access, heel stick), EKG, spirometry, Holter
monitor application, casting, complex wound care, etc., with
demonstrated competency and under clinical supervision.
- Organizes and prepares exam rooms, lab and work areas
including: cleaning, stocking, ordering supplies, and maintaining
- Completes routine maintenance and quality monitoring of clinic
equipment using appropriate technique when cleaning, sterilizing
and caring for instruments and other equipment.
- Oversees day to day operations and workflow to maximize staff
efficiency and effectiveness. Acts as an expert resource to staff
and assists with/resolves complex customer service issues or
concerns. Assists supervisor with developing and modifying staffing
schedules to support business needs. Makes recommendations and
changes to schedules as needs dictate.
- Assists with performing human resources responsibilities for
staff which may include interviewing and selection of new
employees, staff development, performance evaluation feedback,
resolution of employee concerns, and employee morale.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must
demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span and possess the ability to assess data
reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate
information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative
to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as
described in the department's policies and procedures. Age-specific
information is developed further in the departmental job
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license issued by the state in
which the team member practices, and
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers
-certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) needs
to be obtained within 6 months unless department leader has
determined it is not required.
- Completion of an accredited or approved program in Practical
- Typically requires 5 years of experience in nursing that
includes experiences in an outpatient physician practice or
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal
skills; ability to develop rapport and maintain positive,
professional relationships with a variety of patients, staff and
- Excellent organization, prioritization and problem solving
- Proficient computer skills including keyboarding, navigation
within a windows operating system, and use of electronic mail with
exposure to electronic medical records systems.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, twist, crawl, kneel,
climb, and reach above shoulders throughout the workday.
- Must be able to:
- lift up to 50 lbs from floor to waist.
- lift up to 20 lbs over the head.
- carry up to 40 lbs a reasonable distance.
- Must be able to:
- push/pull with 30 lbs of force.
- perform a sliding transfer of 150 lbs with a second person
- Will be exposed to the following hazards on a frequent basis:
mechanical, electrical, chemical, blood and body fluids. Will be
required to wear protective clothing and equipment as needed.
- Must have functional speech, vision, hearing, and touch with
ability to use fine-hand manipulation skills.
- Operates all equipment essential to perform the job.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work
expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.
Keywords: Advocate Christ Medical Center, Green Bay , MA/LPN Lead, Healthcare , De Pere, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!