Registered Nurse, RN - Home Care - Weekend Program
Company: Aurora Health Care
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: October 6, 2018
How You'll Make a Difference:
Responsible for all activities related to assigned visits and communicating changes to the primary Registered Nurse. Oversees the primary needs of the patient, including assessment of patient and plan of care, and implementation of prescribed interventions.
- Performs all scheduled visits and collaborates with members of the interdisciplinary team as necessary.
- Conducts thorough physical, psychosocial and environmental assessments of assigned patients and updates plan of care where appropriate and as a result of visit finding. Follows a care plan, which identifies problems (nursing diagnosis) and evaluates outcomes within a certain time frame.
- Communicates with physicians to confirm and update patient's plan of treatment that may be necessary as a result of assigned visits. Communicates those changes to the primary registered nurse.
- Provides on-going assessment of patient response to treatments, medications and teaching and applies interventions as appropriate. Updates and revises care plan as indicated.
- Schedules patients and case conferences with primary registered nurse.
- Assists with the discharge planning process according to agency standards and utilizes interagency/system and community resources to assure continuity of care after discharge.
- Accurately documents and updates patient records according to agency, state and federal guidelines.
- Communicates problems to physicians and primary Registered Nurse, and clearly states plans, actions and goals so that changes are reflected as they occur.
- Follows published policies and procedures and regularly monitors changes or additions to them.
- Performs various patient positioning and transporting duties, which require lifting and pushing/pulling, while utilizing proper technique.
What it Will Take:
Licenses & Certifications
Registered Nurse license issued by the state in which the team member practices
Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) needs to be obtained within 6 months unless department leader has determined it is not required
Driver license issued by the state of Wisconsin; Must possess and provide proof of a valid Driver License and a registered, functional car with adequate insurance coverage.
Associate's Degree in Nursing.
Required Functional Experience
Typically requires 2 years of experience in nursing.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Proficiency in clinical skills with the ability to work under direction and make sound judgments. Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills. Ability to develop rapport and maintain positive, professional relationships with a variety of patients, staff and physicians. Demonstrated ability to effectively make critical, independent decisions. Good organization, prioritization and problem solving skills. Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions.
- Aurora At Home Registered Nurse weekend program position within home health in the Green Bay service area.
- Position is 12 hour shifts on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Eligible for significant weekend program shift differntial!!
- Rotating after hours call for patient triage needs with other team members.
Green Bay Nursing
Home Care RN position supporting the Brown County area
931 Discovery Rd
Green Bay, WI
At Aurora Health Care:
We pride ourselves on taking care of our people. And not just our patients-we mean you, too. We help each other live well. When you work at Aurora, you get the chance to work with a dedicated team that's as passionate about the work as you are. Here, you'll find limitless opportunities for ongoing learning, career advancement, competitive compensation and a stable work environment. But more than that, you have the opportunity to change lives-including your own.
Diversity and inclusion matters at Aurora. We celebrate our differences and nurture an environment where everyone feels included. We know that when we reflect the communities we serve, when we embrace differences and bring our whole selves to work every day, we are working as one to build a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Aurora supports a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing. We maintain a smoke-free environment at all our locations. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Aurora Health Care, Green Bay , Registered Nurse, RN - Home Care - Weekend Program, Healthcare , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!