Advanced Practice Provider-Digestive Health - St Mary`s
Company: Prevea Health
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: December 8, 2018
Title Advanced Practice Provider-Digestive Health - St Mary`s Description Job Description and Essential Functions Job Title/Position: Advanced Practice Provider Specialty Job Classification: Date of Analysis: 10/31/2016 Date of Revision/Review: __________________________________________________________________________________________ Brief Description of Job Responsibilities: Providing exceptional care for our patients as well as recognizing the value of your co-workers is the expectation of all members of the Prevea Clinic organization. All members are expected to focus on the patient`s needs; relate to all in a friendly, accepting manner; communicate in a positive and professional way to patients and co workers; use time effectively and efficiently; and demonstrate an overall high level of performance. The advanced practice provider is prepared to deliver primary health care services to patients, families and groups emphasizing the promotion of health and prevention of disease. The scope of responsibilities includes collaborating and coordinating with physicians and other health professionals regarding clinical practice, education, consultation, research and program development. Specialized Responsibilities: 1. Performs comprehensive health assessments for acute and chronic patients. 2. Assesses and manages care for acute, minor, episodic illnesses and injuries. 3. Interviews and advises patient/families regarding health/illness prevention. 4. Performs follow up exams. 5. Provides assessment, evaluation, and management of clients with acute and chronic illnesses. 6. Collaborates with patients to determine physiologic, emotional, and environmental needs and priorities. 7. Provides case management services to assist clients and families with the arrangement for, or refer patients to needed services. 8. Manages patient health concerns through telephone triage and consultation as needed. 9. Provides services, which may include the ordering of appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests, the prescription of pharmacological agents, and other non-pharmacological treatment modalities. 10. Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information. 11. Performs patient callbacks, reports diagnostic findings and provides consultation. 12. Participates with physicians in review of patient`s health records. 13. Attends required department meetings and participates in committees as requested. 14. Other appropriate clinical duties as assigned by supervisory physician(s) in accordance with experience. 15. Promotes ongoing quality improvement activities. 16. Documents in the electronic medical record for all patients. 17. Performs clinic based procedures, including esophageal and anorectal manometries, Fibroscan 18. Performs hospital responsibilities, may include consults, rounding, procedural discharges Performance Requirements: 1. Willingness to learn new roles within scope of practice. 2. Demonstrates ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships. 3. Demonstrate organizational skills that allow timely patient appointments and appropriate required follow up. 4. Presents a courteous and service oriented image through positive and helpful interaction with patients and families, physicians and co-workers. 5. Participates in APP activities throughout PREVEA and community. 6. Participates in community activities. Education/Experience/Certifications:
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner
- Registered nurse in the State of Wisconsin.
- Graduate of a master`s level nurse practitioner program.
- Certification through ANCC or ANA.
- Certified in the State of Wisconsin as an Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber or certification eligible, obtaining certification at the first opportunity.
- Maintains current CPR certification, ACLS certification
- Experience requirements may vary.
- Obtain membership through GI society (American College of Gastroenterology or American Gastroenterology association) within 1 year of hire
- Physician Assistant:
- Graduation from an accredited physician assistant program. Licensed by the State of Wisconsin. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
- Maintains current CPR certification, ACLS certification.
- Experience requirements may vary.
- Obtain membership through GI society (American College of Gastroenterology or American Gastroenterology association) within 1 year of hire Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned Typical Working Conditions: Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a hospital and / or a clinic environment Typical Physical Demands: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for prolonged periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries weights up to 100 pounds. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires exposure to communicable disease and bodily fluids. Requires working under stress in emergency situations or during irregular hours. Essential Functions/Physical Demands Job Title/Position: Advanced Practice Provider Job Classification: Provider
Keywords: Prevea Health, Green Bay , Advanced Practice Provider-Digestive Health - St Mary`s, Healthcare , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!