Medical Assistant or Licenced Practical Nurse *Future Opportunities*
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: February 12, 2019
How You'll Make a Difference:
- Prepares and rooms the patient for exam by obtaining vital signs and gathering/documenting/updating pertinent health information (i.e. chief complaint, allergies, and/or medications).
- Performs laboratory procedures (i.e. strep test, wound culture, specimen collection, etc.) using principles of aseptic technique and standard precautions/infection control guidelines.
- Assists the physician/advance practice provider (APP) with procedures and surgeries such as pelvic exams, allergy scratch testing, EMG, cautery, colposcopy, etc.
- Administers routine medications, under physician/APP orders, which may include but are not limited to immunizations, antibiotics, vitamins and topical agents.
- Provides basic patient instructions on the performance of routine tasks or skills. Follows through with necessary procedure or test requests, pre-approved care algorithms, new appointment times and referrals to other facilities or services. Refers questions to registered nurses and physicians/providers per scope of practice guidelines and relays information back to patient as directed.
- Communicates with physicians and other members of the health care team to ensure smooth clinic flow and makes adjustments as necessary. Effectively communicates accurate and timely information with the patient.
- May perform basic and advanced clinical support tasks or skills based on the specialty and appropriate advanced skills and competencies such as but not limited to removal of sutures and staples, straight catheterization, audiograms, laboratory procedures (throat/nose culture, drug screen), phlebotomy - butterfly, venous heel stick, EKG, spirometry, holter monitor application, etc., under clinical supervision.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the department's policies and procedures. Age-specific information is developed further in the departmental job standards.
What it Will Take:
Licenses & Certifications
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license issued by the state in which the caregiver practices and Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) May obtain within 6 months based on department discretion.
Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) May obtain within 6 months based on department discretion.
Completion of an accredited or approved program in Medical Assistant.
Advanced training beyond High School that includes the completion of an accredited or approved program in Practical Nursing.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Ability to perform routine and complex technical skills, within the Medical Assistant scope of practice after demonstrated competency. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to develop rapport and maintain positive, professional relationships with a variety of patients, staff and physicians. Proficient computer skills including keyboarding, navigation within a windows operating system, and use of electronic mail with exposure to electronic medical records systems. Demonstrates customer service skills that support a positive patient experience.
Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Postion could include weekends depending on current opening
Various locations in the Greater Green Bay Area
At Aurora Health Care:
We pride ourselves on taking care of our people. And not just our patients-we mean you, too. We help each other live well. When you work at Aurora, you get the chance to work with a dedicated team that's as passionate about the work as you are. Here, you'll find limitless opportunities for ongoing learning, career advancement, competitive compensation and a stable work environment. But more than that, you have the opportunity to change lives-including your own.
Diversity and inclusion matters at Aurora. We celebrate our differences and nurture an environment where everyone feels included. We know that when we reflect the communities we serve, when we embrace differences and bring our whole selves to work every day, we are working as one to build a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Aurora supports a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing. We maintain a smoke-free environment at all our locations. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Green Bay , Medical Assistant or Licenced Practical Nurse *Future Opportunities*, Healthcare , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!