RN Supervisor - Adult Heart Care-Shawano Avenue
Company: Prevea Health
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Title RN Supervisor - Adult Heart Care-Shawano Avenue Description
Job Description and Essential Functions Job Title/Position: RN
Supervisor (NE) Job Classification: Date of Analysis: Date of
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities: Assists the Director of
Clinical Operations in the development, organization, and
implementation of the department`s operations, reflecting a
commitment to Prevea Clinic`s mission, vision, and values. Have
responsibilities for fiscal management, staffing and personnel
development, quality improvement, customer service, and department
planning. Sets the standard for patient work up, following provider
protocols and is responsible for assuring the provision of optimal
patient care on an ongoing basis. Specialized Responsibilities:
(This list may not include all of the duties assigned) Leadership
- Demonstrates a commitment to Prevea Clinic`s mission, vision,
values, and goals.
- Promotes teamwork and provides a supportive environment for
staff in the department and other departments that interact with
- Solicits suggestions for problem solving and process
improvement from the staff and providers in the department.
- Implements solutions to improve department function with
consideration of and sensitivity to the impact of other departments
and the overall clinic functioning.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of the staff to assure a
high level of productivity and customer service.
- Analyzes and recommends changes in department processes,
systems, and procedures to increase efficiencies in the
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, effective priority
setting, and follow through in supervising the nursing staff of the
- Acts as a role model for staff through professional conduct,
adhering to the dress code, appropriate communication, excellent
customer service skills, and supports management decisions.
- Encourages initiative, confidence, and loyalty of personnel by
demonstrating these qualities in relationships with staff,
administration, and providers.
- Creates a climate where the staff is empowered and strives to
do their best.
- Leads with an understanding of the philosophy of a physician
owned clinic. Clinical Expectations
- Telephone triage.
- Give patients telephone advice using nursing judgment within
the scope of license.
- Communicate with providers about patient calls received.
- Triage patients to the appropriate setting if there is a need
to be seen.
- Provide patient education.
- 2. Report test results to patients and instructs as to the
- 3. Call in prescription refills as directed.
- Assist in scheduling patients.
- Communicate with hospitals and other offices as directed by
- Rooming patients.
- Assisting with procedures.
- Perform related work as required/ requested by the
- Oversee ordering clinic supplies with respect to the
- Maintain all medication and vaccine integrity. Fiscal
- Oversees the purchasing of supplies and recommends equipment
purchases required for the daily operations of the department
within budgeted parameters.
- Reviews budget and monitors variances on a monthly basis.
- Works with Senior Regional Director, Clinical Manager, regional
supervisors, and staff to develop an appropriate action plan for
- Collaborates with the Senior Regional Director, Clinical
Manager and the regional supervisors to develop an annual
- Monitors staffing schedules to minimize variances to the budget
while maintaining quality customer service.
- Analyzes and interprets financial data, and initiates
suggestions to improve department productivity. Quality Improvement
- Participates in the clinic`s continuous quality improvement
- Promotes a safe work environment and demonstrates knowledge of
policies and procedures related to infection control, disaster
plans, and safety processes.
- Promotes efficiency in the department while maintaining
customer satisfaction. Department Planning
- Plans and coordinates all necessary services with staff and
other departments to meet patient needs.
- Assures the department has the appropriate resources and
staffing to ensure quality patient care.
- Uses creativity and innovation in problem solving, and
developing new processes and services for the department.
- Works in conjunction with the Senior Regional Director and
Clinical Manager in strategic planning for the department.
- Organize quarterly committee service projects and events.
- Dedicated to meeting or exceeding the expectations and
requirements of internal and external customers.
- Supports clinic wide customer service initiatives and serves as
a customer service role model.
- Reviews customer satisfaction data with physicians and staff,
and assists in identifying opportunities for change and
- Responds to complaints in a timely manner according to the
Quality Resources Policy. Communication
- Communicates with staff and management in other departments to
create a seamless process for patient care.
- Immediately communicates changes in provider and staff
schedules to members of the department.
- Holds regular meetings with staff.
- Communicates new information to staff in a timely manner.
- Assures confidentiality of management information, staff
information, and patient information.
- Attends and contributes to supervisory meetings and
participates in committees as appropriate.
- Communicates with the Clinical Manager on a regular basis and
submits appropriate reports as requested. Clinical Competencies
- Has a working knowledge of all clinical roles under their
supervision, and is available as a clinical resource to the
- Understands clinical competencies in dealing with age groups,
disease processes, and department procedures. Human Resources
- Responds to performance issues in a timely manner in accordance
with Prevea Clinic`s discipline policy.
- Supervises, directs, and evaluates staff performance.
- Recruits staff in a timely manner to fill open positions and
consults with HR to determine the appropriate wage for each
- Implements individual and group training programs to develop
- Identifies educational needs of staff and coordinate the
process for staff to attend educational opportunities within
- Holds staff accountable for the department and organizational
policies and procedures. Performance Requirements:
- Minimum two years experience in supervising (department).
- Adequate clinical knowledge and skills to plan, evaluate,
perform, and supervise the quality of patient care.
- Ability to handle and process confidential information.
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned. Typical Working
Conditions: Work is performed in an office environment. Involves
phone contact with a various array of patients, employees, and
providers. Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and
emergencies. Typical Physical Demands: Work requires physical hand
dexterity and full range of motion for operation of computer.
Requires sitting for long periods. Requires ability to hear and see
within the normal range. Requires ability to work under stressful
or emergency situations with high concentration and energy level.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required
to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United State and
to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon
hire. Prevea participates in E-verify. To learn more about
E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit
www.dhs.gov/E-Verify Opens in New Window Essential
Functions/Physical Demands Job Title/Position: Job
Keywords: Prevea Health, Green Bay , RN Supervisor - Adult Heart Care-Shawano Avenue, Healthcare , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!