Machine Operator/Setup - Baker Cheese
Company: Sargento Foods Inc.
Location: Saint Cloud
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Req ID: 1330
3RD, Sunday-Thursday 10:00 pm to 7:00 am
Realize your ambition. Say cheese!
You are a punctual self-starter who works professionally in both a
team environment as well as individually. You have a willingness to
take direction. You like to work with your hands. You have a strong
work ethic and a positive attitude. You are known for your ability
to learn new skills.
Your Passion. Our Culture.
At Sargento, you work for a company you believe in, with a family
of people who believe in you. Our culture stems from a simple
premise: Hire good people and treat them like family. At Sargento,
you can make decisions based on how they affect people as well as
the long-term health of our company. You will be encouraged to make
a meaningful difference in the community, in the company and in
your career. With diverse experiences and tools to learn and
develop, you can transform your aspirations into reality. If you're
ready for the right place to belong and grow your career, you can
find it here.
* Change and adjust roll stock on all thermoformer and overwrap
* Read and correctly interpret packaging line schedules and ensure
correct packaging supplies are staged and applied to respective
packaging lines at all times.
* Retrieve packaging supplies and return excess packaging supplies
to correct storage areas.
* Set-up and simultaneously operate multiple packaging, code
dating, case labeling and sealing machines, and adjust controls and
settings to regulate machine performance and operations.
* Constantly monitor packaging equipment, graphics positioning, and
code dating. Strive to continually optimize packaging line
efficiency and package integrity.
* Move empty pallets and pallets of finished product using
forklifts and pallet-jacks as needed.
* Reassemble packaging machines/lines after clean-up or completion
of repair or maintenance work. Prep lines for cleaning.
* Start machines and observe mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic
operation to determine efficiency and to detect problems.
* Routinely inspect and test packages for packaging integrity.
Document findings. Complete QA packaging improvement requests and
* Set-up and changeover inkjet code daters and case labeling
systems. Check and replenish inkjet
Your Education and Experience.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED/HSED)
required or minimally enrolled with anticipated completion in 12
months or less
* Technical college education in a related field preferred.
* Previous maintenance and/or food industry experience is
* Must be 18 years or older.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to learn and carry out lock out tag out procedures as
* Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
Sargento is a refrigerated food production facility and the ability
to work in a cold environment is a necessity. Machinery, moving
mechanical parts, and robotics are used during production, so the
work environment is usually loud. During sanitation work, you may
be exposed to wet, humid, damp conditions. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
With 2,000 employees and net sales of $1.5 billion, Sargento Foods
is a family-owned company that has been a leader in cheese for more
than 60 years. We created the world's first, successful
pre-packaged sliced and shredded natural cheeses. Sargento is based
in Plymouth, Wisconsin, where we manufacture and market shredded,
sliced and snack natural cheese products, as well as ingredients
and sauces. Sargento is known for the exceptional quality of our
products and for product design, packaging and merchandising
innovations that have transformed our industry.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Keywords: Sargento Foods Inc., Green Bay , Machine Operator/Setup - Baker Cheese, Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Cloud, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!