2nd Shift Distribution Supervisor
Company: Hoffmaster Group, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Hoffmaster Group Inc, an industry leader producing the most
complete line of specialty disposable tabletop products for over 70
years, is currently seeking a 2nd Shift Distribution Supervisor to
support our Foodservice manufacturing facility in Oshkosh. -
Hoffmaster competes in three distinct business segments -
Foodservice, Consumer, and E-Commerce. Our products can be found in
thousands of retailers, restaurants, hotels, and more. As a
customer centric company, we strive to deliver innovative solutions
to both our customers and the ultimate end users of our products.
This Innovation is a key part of what we do here at Hoffmaster, and
we continue to drive the industry forward by investing in our
employees and state-of-the-art technology.
The Distribution Supervisor will be the face of our Distribution
Management Team during assigned Shift Operations and provide
supervision to approximately 35 hourly employees who carry out
receiving, shipping and stock handling operations in the
distribution of paper goods to the food service industry.
The Supervisor is the front-line and primary provider of guidance
and management oversight in conjunction with our hourly Group Leads
during their shift. They oversee the safe, efficient, and effective
execution of daily operations to ensure that customer service,
operational, productional, and budgetary needs are met. -
Those who enjoy being hands on and engaging with team members to
solve problems and deliver the best quality products to our
customers in a safe and clean environment have proven to be highly
effective in this position.
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversee distribution personnel and assets in our effort to
drive results that meet/exceed daily shipping
- Conduct daily huddle communication meetings with your shift
team that cover safety, quality, performance and cost concerns that
affect the departments performance.
- Direct accountability to safety performance of the daily
operations - make best use of standard work and best practices to
- Report out safety incident and conduct safety investigations
that result in root cause analysis with effective corrective
actions put in place.
- Identify unwanted performance trends and partner with Supply
Chain Manager to put action plans in place to solve.
- Escalate issues that cannot be resolved within the team
- Communicates proactively with Supply Chain Manager and cross
functional teams to resolve rising concerns.
- Lead and participate at Safety, Operational, and
cross-functional meetings with all departments and Value Streams as
- Assist with rollout of new or different methods/tools/equipment
of shipping and receiving to reduce labor, material costs, decrease
ergonomic risk, and/or safety hazards.
- Monitor/track key metrics and act on root causes of unplanned
or unwanted variances in performance.
- Ensure compliance with all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
by monitoring the team and work area and participating in regular
- Assist in other duties as assigned to meet business
- Understanding of Warehouse Max Capacity and effects on
- Ability to direct the team based on the changing needs of the
- Safety Mindset
- Demonstrated Communication Skills - Presentation/Verbal/Written
(group & one-on-one)
- Team supervision with some autonomy, delivering operational
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills to drive
- Computer competency in Microsoft Suite and Warehouse Management
- 5+ years of experience in distribution leadership roles and/or
- Distribution/Logistics Knowledge
- Union employee oversight
- ERP system and Time and Attendance system knowledge
- Experience implementing change
- Key Performance Indicator oversight
- Project Management - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Analytical Abilities
- Continuous Process Improvement knowledge: LEAN, Kaizen, 5S,
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment with exposure to
chemicals, loud noise, high-speed conversion machines and powered
industrial truck traffic
- Must be able to lift and maneuver up to 50-lbs
- Must be able to ascend and descend ladders and stairs
Hoffmaster Group Inc.
Learn more about our -multiple locations!
Let's connect! -Facebook -- -LinkedIn -- -YouTube -- -Pinterest
We care about our employee's wellbeing which is why we offer a full
benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and
Disability insurances, student loan assistance, physical and mental
wellness programs, Employee Assistance Program, and more!
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
-Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To accomplish this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or
without reasonable accommodation, each essential function
satisfactorily. - Reasonable accommodations may be made to help
enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
-All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability
status.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Hoffmaster Group, Inc., Green Bay , 2nd Shift Distribution Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Winneconne, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!