Sous Chef at The Turn
Company: Delaware North
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Our Exciting Work EnvironmentGrounded in a foundation of family
ownership for over 100 years, Delaware North has earned a
reputation as one of the most admired family-owned hospitality
companies in the world. At the Titletown district, we provide all
food and beverage, special events, and programing within the sled
hill/skate park and the new caf--, 46 Below. We're working behind
the scenes and on the front lines - making each guest experience,
moment and memory the best it can be.This will be a new upscale
casual dining/bar, sports and entertainment venue offering full
service menu and bar dining with entertainment activities. We have
2 Sous Chef positions available that will assist the Executive Chef
in all culinary aspects of this operation to include restaurant and
bar, suites and catering. Responsibilities
- Assist in hiring, development, training and mentoring of staff
and act as a resource to them.
- Coach, counsel and assist in conducting performance evaluations
of production team.
- Recommend or conduct disciplinary action, including
termination, of production team when necessary according to company
- Assist in developing training and trailing programs for
- Monitor staffing levels to minimize cost and increase
productivity. Recommend staffing needs according to business
- Maintain a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Perform all reasonable requests from the management team.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and training
- Follow proper time-keeping policies and procedures.
- Know and follow all company emergency and safety
- Prior food production supervisory/management experience.
- Culinary degree and/or training preferred.
- Excellent volume cooking skills, presentation skills and
- Experience in quality-oriented catering or banquet
- Strong leadership and management skills working with a variety
of associates of different skill levels and varied
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, and the kitchen
computer production system.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and good
- Ability to handle many tasks at once and effectiveness in a
fast-paced work environment.
- Thoroughness, attention to details, and excellent
- Good decision-making and ability to proactively make changes as
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates, management,
clients and vendors if necessary.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to accommodate business
- ACF Certification preferred, must obtain within the first 2
years of employment.Who We AreTake your career beyond the
ordinary-to the extraordinary.At Delaware North, you'll love where
you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's
in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic
hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your
career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in
a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you
have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our
vision, grow with us.Delaware North is one of the largest privately
held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned
by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has
global operations at high-profile places such as sports and
entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts
and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000
employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences
one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests
annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel
hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and
specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3
billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in
hospitality, at .All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment
background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test
depending upon the position and/or client requirements.Delaware
North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider
applicants for all positions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital
or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Delaware North, Green Bay , Sous Chef at The Turn, Hospitality & Tourism , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!