HUMAN RESOURCE ASSISTANT
Company: Strategic Behavioral Health
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Reporting to the HRD, the HRA is responsible for assisting with
benefits, education, licensing, training and medical information
documentation. This position is responsible for collecting,
organizing and filing documentation; such as, new employee
documentation, background information, verifications, grievance
procedures, new employee orientation and Personnel Action Forms
(PAFs). The HRA tracks licenses of all licensed personnel. The HRA
creates evaluations, new hire and termination reports for the HRD.
The HRA orders supplies for the department and ensures
confidentiality of all data and information.
Education / Experience
Position requires successful completion of an accredited high
school diploma or evidence of successfully passing a high school
equivalence examination with 2 years Human Resource experience
1) Ability to objectively interpret and apply HR policies, rules
and regulations to various circumstances. Generally, able to assist
in forging creative solutions and negotiate helpful resolutions. 2)
Strong verbal and written communication skills in one-to-ones or to
group interactions. 3) Solid computer skills in all Microsoft
Office programs and HRIS (Paycom). 4) Ability to organize and
prioritize workloads to meet deadlines.
Knowledge of The Joint Commission, facility licensing standards and
third-party payor requirements is beneficial to aspects of the
AGES and POPULATIONS SERVED
Willow Creek Behavioral Health provides access and services to all
persons meeting admission and continuing stay criteria without
regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, national origin, military status, veteran status,
medical status, handicap or mental/physical disability. Our patient
population reflects the fullest diversity of the community in which
we serve. All staff are to conduct themselves with respect and
consideration for others, and to appropriately intervene in
situations below this standard.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accreditation / Licensing
- Ensure personnel files and related documents are organized, in
an easily retrievable format and conform to audit/review
- HR policies and procedures are maintained current and
accessible to all personnel.
- Serves as a resource person and assists in the orientation of
- Supports a practice of "good faith and fair dealings".
- Assists the HRD in providing human resource support to the
- Conducts fingerprint checks for all employees including new
hires, interns, and existing employees.
- Conducts all verifications of employment.
- Prepares monthly reports for the Master Trainer to ensure all
employees are in compliance with federal, state and licensing
- Assists in maintenance of applications and all documentation
required for personnel files.
- Coordinates and audits personnel files on each employee:
personnel file, education file and medical file.
- Establishes and maintains system to track all professional
licenses to ensure compliance with federal, state and regulatory
- Applies best practices to encourage healthy communication
between stakeholders and resolves conflicts at the lowest possible
- Memorializes/documents important interactions and agreements to
aid follow-up when necessary.
- Provides guidance and technical assistance in situations
involving conduct, performance improvement or progressive
- Evaluates and investigates complaints to determine if a policy
violation occurred. Takes reasonable steps to balance the interest
of the accused, complainant and witnesses involved in the
- Engages employee groups in constructive conversations to
increase satisfaction and improve engagement / retention.
- In the absence of the HRD, manages the daily operations of the
- Champions the AIDET approach to customer service (Acknowledge,
Introduce, Duration, Explanation and Thank-You). Models a steady
practice of AIDET throughout the customer experience. In-person and
telephone communication is consistently attentive, responsive and
- Professional awareness and boundaries are observed.
- Telephones are answered by the third ring whenever possible
along with a professional greeting. Dedicated extensions/mobile
phones with voice mail have a personalized greeting and messages
retrieved/responded to in a timely manner.
- Critical customer encounters are met with advanced skills and
timely resolution. Understands how to escalate concerns when beyond
the department's scope.
Staffing / Recruiting
- Familiar with all aspects of the staffing budget, position
control/grid, and management tools. Appraises the HRD and other
members of management with timely reports and recommends
- Trains managers on requisition procedures, secures timely
recruiting activities and implements an exit survey to evaluation
- Ensure all positions requiring an active profession license are
verified in advance of hire, renewed in advance of the expiration
date and removed from the schedule upon expiration.
- In very limit circumstances, the facility will utilize
contracted/agency personnel. In such situations, the HRD will
prepare a personnel file in support of licensing/accreditation
NOTE: The essential job functions of this position are not limited
to the duties listed above.
DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Environment: Work is primarily performed inside a
climate-controlled environment, personal automobile or in other
office settings. Employee is expected to maintain a positive
driving record, adhere to traffic laws and avoid distractions
(using mobile phones/texting) while operating a motor vehicle.
Occasional overnight travel is required.
Sight: Vision abilities required include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
Hearing: Must be able to hear and respond to others in person, by
telephone and alarms.
OSHA Category 3: Tasks involve no exposure to blood, body fluids,
tissues, and other potentially infectious materials. The use of
universal precautions, personal protective equipment, regular hand
washing, and following manufacturing guidelines can greatly reduce
any exposure risk.
Physical/Emotional: This position requires regular sitting,
stooping, standing, walking and lifting/reaching/carrying materials
up to 35 lbs. Occasionally, observes distressing psychiatric
emergencies and clinical personnel responding with approved
The above job responsibilities are representative of the essential
job functions. Upon completion of the hiring process, Willow Creek
Behavioral Health assumes the employee can satisfactorily perform
and safely meet these requirements. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform these
Willow Creek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Strategic Behavioral Health, Green Bay , HUMAN RESOURCE ASSISTANT, Human Resources , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!