Systems Administrator II-REMOTE
Company: CCI Systems, Inc.
Location: Three Lakes
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description Why CCI? We are a solution provider specializing
in telecommunications, comprehensive network assessments,
industry-leading engineering, drafting and design services, and
24/7 support services. With engineers behind every strategy, our
experts guide you toward the right choices to future-proof your
network for years to come. Partnering with the industry's top
vendors gives CCI access to state-of-the-art equipment and
technology to keep your network running smoothly and reliably.
Providing everyone access to reliable, secure, high-speed data
services at anytime from anywhere is the primary vision of CCI and
its leadership. By helping connect the world, CCI enables
individuals to live a more informed, educated, and healthy life.
Our outstanding team-based work culture and environment has allowed
us to grow, develop, and retain long-term employees. We offer a
comprehensive benefits package, competitive pay, flexibility, paid
on the job training, professional development, and inspire you to
be bold, yet accountable. We value our employee's hard work and
determination and REWARD results all while having fun! Our mission
is to make life better by connecting people through innovative
communication systems.We are seeking a Systems Administrator II to
provide expert support to the enterprise environment through
knowledge and experience designing, implementing, managing, and
administrating network and system equipment, facilities, and
software. This key position works within the IT team to provide
effective leadership and support for networking facilities,
systems, servers, circuits, configurations, and vendor support
agreements to ensure systems are optimally performing and
delivering connectivity to meet the needs of the enterprise. You
will incorporate industry best practices and cutting-edge concepts
in specifications to ensure that the enterprise systems are highly
available, performant, scalable, and secure while meeting the
existing and future needs of enterprise operations and initiatives.
- Install, manage, and maintain network hardware, systems,
facilities, and software to provide highly available networks and
facilities to meet dynamic business needs.
- Plan, develop, and deploy best practice security and network
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to users,
data, and systems assets.
- Collaborate and team with coworkers, partners, technologies,
and customers in all areas of responsibilities to develop and
implement the best solutions.
- Escalate change requests to IT Management or Lead Systems
Administrators for approval.
- Implement and document upgrade and configuration change
activities that are approved or designed by Lead Systems
Administrators, Subject Matter Experts (SME), or IT Management.
Maintain existing systems, documentation, licenses, reporting,
users, and permissions by role.
- Knowledgeable of current projects to eliminate single points of
- Research and report on topics as assigned by supervisor and
- Serve as an escalation resource for support tickets requiring
- Manage projects in accordance with technology plan, budget, and
- Analyze and present written cost/benefit proposals for
technology needs and improvements to meet business
- Conduct on-going research to support technology planning and
- Support, review, update, and monitor network devices and
resources along with systems through monitoring solutions. Work
with the team to ensure proper monitoring systems and processes are
in place and functional.
- Network device administration (switches, routers, firewall,
- Security policies, review, on-going interaction with functional
groups for best practice and policy reviews; can include
participation in penetration and vulnerability testing, IDS/IPS,
remote user access policy and review, firewall configuration
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and
standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking
- Systems and network administration including:
- Administer Internet Services (public, DMZ, and
private/internal) throughout the enterprise.
- Deliver active and effective network support as required.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve network problems.
- Continuously improve the performance and throughput of systems
based on dynamic business requirements.
- Windows Server administration including Active Directory, DHCP,
- Linux (CentOS/Ubuntu/others) administration.
- Server and desktop virtualization administration.
- Provide expertise for Microsoft Cloud, 365 and Azure
- Operate and maintain Microsoft and other vendor management and
- Provide technical leadership, expertise, and advice to CCI
Systems staff and management.
- Maintain technical knowledge and stay abreast of technical
advancements in primary functional area(s) of responsibility.
- Consistently participate in group discussions, assisting and
providing insights in ongoing efforts, especially where it impacts
SME knowledge systems. Skills we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Technology
or related field, or 4+ years of relevant job experience.
- Must have extensive experience with Microsoft 365, Microsoft
Security, Hyper V, and managing and maintaining a Windows server
- Strong experience with networking and WAN optimization
(Firewalls, routers/switches, network protocols, VPN).
- Strong experience with Linux (RHEL, Debian, and
- Strong experience with automation platforms and tools (Puppet,
- Strong knowledge of and experience with virtualization
- Strong knowledge of private and public cloud solution
- Strong experience with working with various vendor
- Experience with network storage (SAN, NAS, Backup).
- Familiarity with Linux administration.
- Experience implementing management and monitoring
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of assigned
- Ability to lead, collaborate, and delegate elements of
- Sense of urgency, ability to troubleshoot complex
- Willingness to work outside of standard business hours to
support business objectives and maintenance windows.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Additional
Information• Minimal travel will be required.
Keywords: CCI Systems, Inc., Green Bay , Systems Administrator II-REMOTE, IT / Software / Systems , Three Lakes, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!