Sr. Technical Product/Manufacturing Engineer
Location: De Pere
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Atkore is forging a future where all Atkore brands, suppliers,
employees, customers, partners, and communities are building better
together - a future focused on serving the customer and powering
and protecting the world.
Atkore is a leading manufacturer and distributor of electrical,
mechanical, and safety infrastructure solutions to power and
protect the world. Atkore manufactures electrical conduit, cable
management systems, armored cable, metal framing, and security
products and solutions and is a recent recipient of a Great Place
to Work - certification.
We are currently searching for a Sr. Technical Product /
Manufacturing Engineer to be based out of De Pere, WI. Reporting to
the Plant Manager, this person will be the primary technical
resource for the field sales force and end-customers, working with
them to design tubing solutions, as well as identifying
opportunities for continuous improvement, formulating corrective
and preventive actions, and working to implement those actions to
improve quality levels.
Additional Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Assist the quality organization in De Pere with metrology
processes and equipment
- Ensure effective manufacturing process control programs that
maintain focus on prevention of internal rejects.
- Support plant cost reductions and process improvement
- Manage and maintain routings in SAP and eventually JDE
- Assist maintenance with preventative maintenance program for
- Planning and evaluating integration of new or upgraded
equipment and products
- Creating and maintaining drawings for products, tooling and
machines as needed. Specifically, act as the site subject matter
expert for roll tooling, changeovers, setups, and processes.
- Active participant in daily Gemba walks driving actions to
- Support overall safety program for the plant
- Ensure engineering compliance with site safety programs
- Familiarity with OSHA reporting requirements
- Provides product, service, or equipment technical and
- Prepares cost estimates by studying blueprints, plans, and
related customer documents, consulting with engineers, architects,
and other professional and technical personnel.
- Interface with manufacturing team to prototype and build custom
- Proficient knowledge of AutoCAD or SolidWorks
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, (Mechanical / Electrical
preferred) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years' experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc. and
statistical tools similar to Minitab is required.
- Strong working knowledge of Lean manufacturing
- Experience with capital equipment quoting, procurement, and
- Experience with tube making and roll tooling experience
- AutoCAD / SolidWorks experience
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical
organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate
professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles
through creative and adaptive approaches.
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workforce
that drives collaborative culture. Our team strives for
breakthrough results, stays focused on being standout leaders, and
fully supports decisions of the Company. We consistently live the
Atkore mission, strategic priorities, and behaviors, all in a way
that's consistent with our core values. Together, we build strong
leaders that continually endeavor to move us forward.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
Keywords: Atkore, Green Bay , Sr. Technical Product/Manufacturing Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , De Pere, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!