Company: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: September 9, 2018
LOCATION: Green BaySTANDARD HOURS: 40 hours per week. Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.MINIMUM STARTING SALARY*: $60,449 per year*Current benefit eligible employees will be placed within the pay range based on their current rate/range. Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population. POSITION SUMMARYThe Associate Programmer will build software solutions for one or more application platforms at the College. System maintenance and monitoring is necessary, which requires evening and weekend work as needed. The position will be part of the Enterprise Applications team, which is responsible for all PeopleSoft environments at the College, the Website and Intranet, the Data Warehouse, and other systems. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable Accommodations Statement To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Support and customize enterprise wide PeopleSoft systems including Campus Solutions, Financials and Human Resources.
- Build and maintain integrations between PeopleSoft enterprise systems and desperate applications located on premise and in the cloud.
- Analyze, build, implement, upgrade, and provide production support for custom applications and processes related to NWTC business processes.
- Analyze current operational procedures, identify problems and learn about specific requirements
- Provide technical support to all staff and end users in the proper use of application systems and related products
- Work with clients to design new and improve existing procedures in support of operations
- Write detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop/modify the applications.
- Maintain communications and positive relations between users and staff; may participate and represent at meetings pertaining to the delivery of departmental services and computing initiatives
- Complete the fit gap Analysis with vendor supplied software packages and complete the implementation to meet current and projected needs
- Identify opportunities for the application of computing and communication technologies for staff
- Assist other developers in resolution of work problems related to project specifications or programming. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s)
- Values - Demonstrate behaviors and action that support the College's values - Customer Focus, Everyone Has Worth, Passion and Inspiration, Collaboration, Emotional Intelligence, Results and Accountability, Valuing Talent and Well Being, and Ethics.
- Student Success - Demonstrate behaviors and actions that support student recruitment, retention, and student success initiatives.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, socio-economic background, or job type.
- Accountability - accept responsibility and account for actions of self.
- Accuracy - perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Active Listening - actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Customer Oriented - take care of the customers' needs while following College procedures.
- Creative - think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea
- Organized -follow a systematic method of performing a task.
- Problem Solving - find a solution for or to deal proactively with work related problems
- Technical Aptitude - comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information SKILLS & ABILITIES Education: Requires a minimum of an Associate Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.Desired Experience:
- Programming with software languages such as PeopleCode, SQR, COBOL, SQL and XML
- Working with object-oriented tools such as VB.Net, C#, or Java
- Developing new, enhancing existing and supporting production systems
- Understanding and adhering to the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Working in a team-oriented environment
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems found in supported applications
- Securing effort with source code management tools
- Problem solving, organizing, managing time and multi-tasking
- Interfacing desperate systems within a common integration layer such as web services
- Working with PeopleSoft enterprise systems such as Campus Solutions, Human Resources or Financials
- Analyzing, designing, programming, testing, implementing and documenting development effort on supported systems
- Developing with PeopleTools that include App Designer, App Engines, Component Interfaces, Integration Broker, App Packages, BI/XML Publisher, nVision and Fluid **An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered. PHYSICAL DEMANDS Physical Demands Lift/Carry Stand N (Not Applicable) Walk N (Not Applicable) Sit F (Frequently) Handling / Fingering F (Frequently) Reach Outward F (Frequently) Reach Above Shoulder N (Not Applicable) Climb N (Not Applicable) Crawl N (Not Applicable) Squat or Kneel N (Not Applicable) Bend N (Not Applicable) 10 lbs or less N (Not Applicable) 11-20 lbs N (Not Applicable) 21-50 lbs N (Not Applicable) 51-100 lbs N (Not Applicable) Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable) Push/Pull 12 lbs or less O (Occasionally) 13-25 lbs N (Not Applicable) 26-40 lbs N (Not Applicable) 41-100 lbs N (Not Applicable) N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation. O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day) F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day) C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day) The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes. - provided by Dice Associate Programmer
Keywords: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Green Bay , Associate Programmer, IT / Software / Systems , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!