Part-Time Electro-Mechanical Technology Corporate Trainer
Company: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: December 7, 2018
Department: Corporate Training & Economic Development
Position #: 05100001
NWTC is seeking a part-time instructor/trainer for up to 1456 hours/year for contract training projects. This part-time trainer will be an integral part of the Colleges staff, helping us provide project management of multiple cohorts of learners as well as deliver the highest quality learning experience possible in delivering existing course and customized materials.
The successful candidate will also be considered for future training opportunities when the need arises.
LOCATION: Green Bay, WI
HOURS: Currently seeking an expert to call upon as needed; work times will vary.
SALARY: $75.00 per hour
POSITION REPORTS TO: Manager, Corporate Training & Economic Development
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobsE-mail address: THIS EMAIL Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307-9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website. This position is customer-focused and will require flexible scheduling and/or delivery to meet customer needs.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.
The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
NWTC is seeking an experienced Electro-Mechanical Technology subject matter expert to deliver established and customized industrial maintenance curricula. Responsibilities include:
- Providing and facilitating learning for a cohort by delivering existing NWTC curricula and developing custom training plans.
- Plan, prepare, and execute training strategies by facilitating classes, providing technical assistance, and/or individual coaching.
- Work collaboratively with NWTC instructors and employers to ensure the curriculum and learning outcomes prepare employees/students for success at work.
- Determine the appropriate tools, techniques, methodologies and timing of improvement activities to meet business objectives.
- Manage classroom and shop/lab to ensure a productive and safe learning environment.
- Work closely with NWTC educators and business leadership to develop key performance measurements.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, teamwork, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks while remaining customer-focused
- Ability to work independently, remain flexible in a fast-paced environment, and handle customer issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) & NWTC Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements, which includes the completion of competency-based professional development.
- A Bachelors Degree in Electro-Mechanical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and five years direct occupational experience preferred. At minimum, an Associate degree in Electro-Mechanical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology or related field and five years of related work experience may be considered.
- At a minimum, occupational experience has to have occurred at least two years within the last five years.
- Must hold a valid drivers license and be insurable under the Districts standard insurance policy terms.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Competency in adult-focused learning.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the instructor will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, videos, overhead projects, and general tools of the trade. The employee will be constantly required to sit, talk, hear, and type/write. The employee will be frequently required to stand, walk, touch/handle/grasp (using hands and fingers), and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Some instructor positions may be exposed to outdoors, fumes, noises, extreme temperatures, confined spaces and heights. Some instructor positions require driving a vehicle. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, sharpness of vision, and field of vision.
All application materials are only accepted online: resumes, cover letters, transcripts, etc., must be attached to the application at the time of submission. You are unable to go back after an application is submitted to add, delete or change any information, other than address, phone number, and e-mail.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.
Keywords: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Green Bay , Part-Time Electro-Mechanical Technology Corporate Trainer, IT / Software / Systems , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!