Job Locations US-WI-Green Bay | US-WI-Fox Cities
Job ID 2020-3340
Overview At Wipfli, people count
Our people are core to everything we do — the catalyst behind
our ability to create exceptional impact and extraordinary
We believe in flexibility. We focus on relationships. We
encourage each individual to follow their own path. And we seek
feedback openly, from all.
People matter here and they feel it.
And we value curiosity. Curious is more than a personality
trait. It’s a way of thinking. Of learning. Of working.
There’s purpose in this wonder. It makes us better. It makes us
If you want to be in an environment where you can make a
difference — and make a professional home — Wipfli is the place for
Check out our Glassdoor Reviews to hear what people are saying
about employment at Wipfli!
Responsibilities • Lead and manage complex tax compliance
engagements in accordance with firm and professional standards,
within budget and deadline expectations
• Identify and respond to client issues in a timely, accurate,
positive and professional manner.
• Manage expectations effectively through clear and continuous
communication with the client and/or other accountant
• Communicate advice and answer questions of other Wipfli
associates relating to clients' accounting and tax situations
• Participate in and provide leadership for firm initiatives and
• Plan and schedule engagements with clients and firm
• Perform detailed reviews of tax workpapers and provision
calculations completed by other associates
• Consult with office personnel on unusual client tax problems;
diagnose client needs and work to satisfy those needs
• Communicate proactively with clients and engagement partners
regarding project status, client service opportunities, and other
significant matters in a timely manner
• Review financial statements and footnotes, management reports,
executive reports, and other requested deliverables
• Provide training, direction, and supervision to staff, senior
accountants, and managers
• Proactively seek out new business opportunities by
participating in various business development activities, and
having a comprehensive understanding of services provided by the
Qualifications • Requires a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or an
equivalent combination of education and experience
• CPA certification required in the respective state in which
they are practicing
• Requires a valid driver’s license
• Requires at 10+ years of job related experience
• Subject matter leader in similar accounting and/or tax
• Management and/or mentoring experience with other staff
• Experience making recommendations to management
• Prior public accounting experience required
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
candidates will receive consideration for employment without
regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age,
marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship
status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics
protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Don’t See Your Dream Job? Connect With Us! Don't see a current
position posted for your area of interest, specialty, or are not
ready to formally apply at this time?
Use the Connect with us feature to forward your information to a
member of our recruiting team. We will reach out to you very soon
and will also keep you posted on any new positions as they become