Company: Homes for Independent Living of Wisconsin
Posted on: May 7, 2021
Grow in your Career while caring for adults with significant
Our adults have many needs that brought them to us. You will help
them live their best life - all while carving a career path for
yourself. We ensure people with challenging special needs and those
who serve them have the support they need to thrive.
- Be part of a reliable, caring team that provides direct support
to adults with severe behavioral and physical disabilities
- Have more one on one care with residents
- Be relied upon to enhance the overall health, safety, and
welfare of our clients
At Homes for Independent Living, we want you to succeed. When you
join our team, you will be:
- Enrolled in our comprehensive training program designed to
build your skills and confidence
- Eligible for internal promotions
- Competitively compensated with a starting wage of
- Eligible for an amazing line of benefits to include: dental,
health, vision, 401K, life insurance and a great PTO accrual
There's more to Homes for Independent Living than competitive pay
and benefits. Homes for Independent Living is a MyPath company, a
100% employee-owned organization that transforms lives. We do this
by offering residential, educational, vocational and day programs
for people with special needs.
Each year, after your first year of employment with us, you will
receive part of your income in company stock, making you an
employee owner. This stock allocation is a company-funded benefit -
no investment from employees is required. Yet, employee ownership
goes beyond simply stock.
As a MyPath company, we support an ownership culture through the
organization. Our culture is based upon five beliefs:
- Continuous Learning and Innovation
As an employee owner you can expect transparency, respect, and
appreciation. You'll impact the place you work and map a career
within Homes for Independent Living or other ORP companies. With
your passion and our breadth of services, your options are nearly
We are an equal opportunity employer. Men, women, and minorities
are encouraged to apply.
To succeed in this role, you must understand the emotional and
developmental disabilities of the people you serve. You will be
trained to use proper interventions and approaches while helping
the clients with their daily needs. As a Direct Support
Professional, you will be responsible for:
- Following the Individual Service Plan (ISP) created for each
- Health monitoring including medication administration,
- Daily living activities such as meal preparation and light
- Community integration skills and recreational activities
- Redirection of challenging behaviors
To be considered for this job, you must meet the following
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Demonstrated skill and/or potential in working with individuals
with special needs in a supportive environment.
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain self-composure and self-control under
- Ability to remain comfortable and composed when clients may
exhibit aggressive, challenging, or offensive behaviors
- Successful completion of a caregiver background check as
mandated by Wisconsin Chapter DHS 12
- Successful completion of a pre-employment TB test and health
We maintain a drug-free workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Men, Women, Minorities, and
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Homes for Independent Living of Wisconsin, Green Bay , Caregiver, Other , Wrightstown, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!