Job Title: Cashier
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Guest Services Manager
A Cashier is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer
service as per Company standards, processing sales quickly,
accurately and efficiently, cash register operations and
safeguarding company assets.
Guest Services Associates have an opportunity to treat every
customer as a guest by creating meaningful and genuine
interactions; you'll see our regular guests choosing their checkout
lane based on their favorite cashier, not the line length!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by
providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and
acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards,
solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and
- Accurately and efficiently process transactions and accurately
maintain all cash and media at the registers.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Maintain orderly appearance of register area and supplies
- Support and execute superior customer service
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity
expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work
schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Ability to process information/merchandise through register
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers
- Ability to read, count, and write accurately
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The associate must possess the ability to stand in place for
long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel
regularly. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and
eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and
handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store,
which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends,
and holidays, as needed
The Cashier is an hourly position that is part-time (less than
28 hours per week). The work schedule may include mornings,
afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays within the
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service,
state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival
Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission!
Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang
Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take
actions that will "Bring the Customer Back".
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment
of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are
available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of
skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent
a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods
believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates,
products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our
guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented