At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through
faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. As a member of our team,
you'll get to make an immediate, measurable impact on a global
scale, within an environment that fosters career growth and
development. Our mission drives us, every moment of every day, to
develop rapid groundbreaking solutions for the world's most complex
Provide in-field assistance to the Diagnostic Sales team for
pre- and post- sale technical activities with a primary emphasis on
growing the user base of diagnostic products. Provide technic
operation, assay implementation, and maintenance of company
products. Conduct technical presentations and product
demonstrations for customers. Work collaboratively with Sales,
business units to identify and assess customer needs in order to
provide high quality customer care that exceed expectation.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Integrate Cepheid instruments (including installation), assays
and connectivity solutions into customer laboratories and provide
support to the customer during the evaluation and imp
- Independently manage assigned territory to include travel and
- Provide demonstration of Cepheid instrumentation, software and
reagents to current and potential customers.
- Jointly develop account strategies with Sales Representatives
aimed at increasing Cepheid business and retaining current
- Conduct technical seminars and presentations at customer sites,
trade shows and workshops to drive thought leader adoption of
- Proactively provide enhancements for development and
optimization of Cepheid assays, software and hardware.
- Follow normal standard of work for documentation and customer
complaint handling to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Ensure install and customer management database is updated with
full activity traceability.
TRAINING RESPONSIBILITIES: (REQUIRED)
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and
Education and Experience (in years):
- Bachelor's degree in field with 5+ years of related work
- Master's degree in field with 3+ years of related work
- Doctoral degree in field with 0-2 years of related work
Knowledge and skills:
- A minimum of 3 years of Medical Technologist/Clinical
Laboratory Scientist experience.
- Experience in molecular and microbiology techniques.
- Experience using current technology for documentation and
Required competencies and behaviors:
- Demonstrated excellent project management skills
- Demonstrated excellent customer relations/service skills.
- Self-motivated and independent problem solving
- Goal oriented, results driven
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Works independently and team orientated
- Proficient in computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus
Preferred experience and skills:
- Hands-on experience with lab automation systems
- Hands-on experience with LIS/connectivity
- Experience with CRM, SAP or similar
Physical Demands & Working Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is routinely required to walk, sit, stand, use hand to
handle or feel objects, utilize tools or controls; reach with hands
and arms; balance, stoop, bend, talk and hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Repetitive movements (computer and cartridge set up) and long
periods of screen time and office hours.
- This position will require heavy travel by car and flying in
and out of airports with possible long wait times.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, most
work is in a lab environment setting. Lighting and temperature are
adequate. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate to loud.
- May be requested to work overtime and weekends for special
- Travel: up to 75% with overnights
- Language: English
- Other: Valid driver license
- Vendor credentialing: A function of this position is the
ability to pass vendor credentialing requirements imposed by
assigned customers, which can include, by way of example only,
periodic background checks and drug screening, immunizations, and
training, and may vary by customer and change from time-to-time.
The Company pays the cost for any such vendor credentialing
- Reside in designated area
- People management or leadership experience
- Internal relationships:
- Sales team
- Field Service Engineers
- Technical Support
- Business Operations
- Marketing Team
Clinical Solutions Team
- External Relationships:
- Key opinion leaders
The statements in this description represent typical elements,
criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for
As part of the Danaher family of companies, our work at Cepheid
is supported by a global science and technology innovator. In
addition to Danaher's unrivaled leadership training and
professional development programs, this relationship also provides
expanded career opportunities across industries and brands.
Together, we are united by a shared purpose: Helping Realize Life's
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal
opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital
status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is
the Law" poster is available here.