Paper Converting Machine Company (PCMC) specializes in the
design and manufacture of high-performance converting machinery for
the tissue, nonwovens and package-printing industries worldwide.
Our comprehensive product offerings include rewinding, laminating,
printing, embossing, perforating and packaging equipment for tissue
and towels; folding and converting machines; and a complete range
of flexographic printing presses and laser anilox cleaners, serving
the flexible-packaging, prime-label and carton-converting
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering
consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging,
corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending
people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies
and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
The Digital Services Developer will work across multiple
technologies developing Industry 4.0 solutions to simplify complex
processes and build next generation solutions. As a visionary for
PCMC's digital services offering, this position will help shape
current and future solutions. An excitement for technology and
digital solutions, combined with passion and knowledge of how to
deliver exceptional user experiences are critical to this
- Apply User Experience (UX) development skills to improve the
overall experience of users when interacting with an application or
- Define innovative Industry 4.0, (IoT, AR, AI etc.) solutions
and services together with customers and internal teams.
- Drive new technology development and implementation.
- Enhance current customer web portal to include, but not limited
to improving and expanding access to machine status reports and
alerts, to place part orders, schedule predictive maintenance and
create service requests.
- Integrate digital service tools into existing enterprise
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, robotics, IT, or a related
- Must have 5-6 years of experience in developing Digital
- Experience in multicultural and global working
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Understand market drivers and requirements to build IoT
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and
delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode
communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique
needs of different audiences.
- Optimizes Work Processes - Knowing the most effective and
efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous
- Drives Vision and Purpose - Painting a compelling picture of
the vision and strategy that motivates others to action.
- Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to
- Plans and Aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet
commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Manages Complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity,
and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve
This position does not directly supervise other associates.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Typically sits, grasps items and performs keyboarding for
frequent operation of a computer
- Stand, walk, bend, reach or otherwise move about
- Lift, move or otherwise transfer items up to 30 lbs.
- Occasional exposure to typical machine shop physical
- Travel by air or car occasionally
This job description has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by team members within this
classification.It's not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills, and is subject to
change at any time.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth
of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of
a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here,
please still consider applying. We know that our differences often
can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful
work-therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply
to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable
accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.