Your journey to building a better world starts here!
WHO WE ARE
We help our customers deliver products that have a profound
impact on people's lives. From ultrasound units and 3D printing to
network security applications and in flight Wi-Fi, we help create
products that build a better world. Now, more than ever, we are
making an impact on the world as we support products used in the
fight against COVID-19.
We're a global team of over 19,000 Engineering, Manufacturing,
Supply Chain and Aftermarket Service experts that partner with our
customers to bring their products to life through inspired
innovation and world-class customer service.
We are currently hiring for full-time, immediate, career
opportunities even as we continue to work remotely temporarily due
to COVID-19. Our interview process is now performed virtually for
your safety and our own. Whether you're looking to start, make a
change, or advance your career, find your path at Plexus and leave
your mark on the world around us.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE IT
Engaging and challenging projects that fulfill and develop you.
People that support and inspire you to realize your full potential.
A workplace centered on collaboration and integrity. At Plexus,
we're at our best when opportunities are met with passion, open
communication and teamwork.
HOW YOU WILL DO IT
As the Director of Global Commodity Management you will be
responsible for developing an effective team of Global Commodity
Managers, and will have responsibility for supplier performance
across the assigned commodity segment. This oversight includes, but
is not limited to:
- Determine global sourcing strategies for electronic component
- Plan and steer execution of strategy via cross-organizational
- Improve supplier performance via competitive quoting,
negotiations & contracting
- Develop supplier partnerships to complement the Plexus customer
To assist you in the execution of these responsibilities you
will have a team of resources located across the globe. Overall,
your mission will be to implement sourcing strategies focused on
lowest total-cost-of-ownership and best-in-class supply chain
flexibility. This is a key role: the processes in scope have a
direct impact on profit margins, market share and working
Key Job Accountabilities
- Develop professional executive-level relationships with key
suppliers to ensure Plexus maintains access to decision-makers and
remains fully informed about market developments.
- Monitor component market conditions and provide timely
communication of price and lead-time changes. Provide written and
verbal summaries for both internal and external executive
- Develop and maintain a system of supplier segmentation; assess
gaps and opportunities within each segment. Manage the award of
spend to effect improvement in overall segment performance. Make
award decisions based on competing metrics of material
availability, inventory levels, payment terms and material
- In agreement with the VP - Global Sourcing, set performance
targets for the group. Represent team progress to stated goals at
monthly operating reviews. Benchmark performance targets against
- As a member of the global sourcing leadership team, develop new
procurement capabilities in concert with supply chain, operations
and regional colleagues.
- Execute Plexus' Best People strategy, with focus on evaluating
potential, driving succession planning and ensuring employees
receive the development and coaching required to realize their full
- Interface with Plexus' Customer and Sector Teams to recognize
customer needs and support customer supply chain strategies.
- Realize opportunities to enhance Plexus' supply chain offerings
via strategic planning, risk management, change management and/or
cross-functional process development
- Ensure supplier contracts are consistent with Plexus business
policy, and enforced.
- Ensure suppliers are in compliance with Plexus policy.
- Occasional travel may be required to meet the needs of the
business (estimated 33%).
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required; a Master's degree
is preferred. Some preference for an electrical engineering
- Demonstrated commodity management and supply chain management
expertise in companies with a global supply chain footprint (both
manufacturing & supply base).
- Experience sourcing within the commodity families of
Interconnects, Passives, Power Supplies, Batteries, Relays,
Switches, Memory, Displays and/or all categories of
- A history of driving results through a team of global direct
reports, and ideally, some experience leading mutli-layered
- Knowledge of the Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS)
industry, either as an employee or as a customer is higlhly
- Fifteen years of related experience is preferred.
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is
not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent
could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully
passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus
does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse
backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake
sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas.
Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods
and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. persons." "U.S.
persons" are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful
permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted
asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.