Company: Michigan Community Dental Clinics
Posted on: June 13, 2021
My Community Dental Centers (MCDC) is seeking a Dental Director
for our non-profit dental care organization. MCDC operates
thirty-four (34) centers throughout Michigan along with the
administrative office located in Petoskey, Michigan. This position
is largely field-based and could have a home station at any of our
34 centers, including our headquarters in Petoskey, Michigan. There
are approximately 350 MCDC colleagues working hard every day to
help bring great quality care to our patients.
We are recognized as one of the largest non-profit dental
providers in the country and have received multiple awards and
recognitions for our successful business model and mission of
delivering exceptional patient care.
The Dental Director (DD) reports directly to and supports every
aspect of the work of the Chief Dental Officer (CDO). The DD is
required to maintain a highly effective working relationship with
the Regional Recruiter to foster recruitment and retentions of the
finest available professional staff (dentists). The DD is
responsible for partnering with the Chief Operations Officer (COO),
Director of Operations and other staff to ensure efficient and
quality care is provided by clinical staff. The DD is responsible
for maintaining an effective working relationship with fellow
Dental Directors in developing and supporting practices that drive
quality of care and patient experience improvement. In this regard
the DD acts on behalf of the CDO and Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
in interactions with the professional staff, clinical support
staff, and the management team. Given this authority the DD has the
responsibility of a leader, clinical consultant, fact gatherer,
liaison, spokesperson, and manager depending on the need and
situation. These responsibilities involve professionals within MCDC
team as well as outside constituents.
- Support and give counsel to the CDO, and other members of the
management and leadership team in the development of continuous
quality improvement and patient experience strategy as it relates
to clinical staff and initiatives.
- Collaborate with the CDO to develop and administer doctor
assessments/scorecards and performance improvement plans which
support quality improvement, patient experience, and
- Serve on Peer-review Clinical Committees as assigned.
- Collaborate with CDO and members of the management and
operational team to develop, assess and maintain an effective
clinical staff on-boarding program.
- Provide counsel, coaching and mentoring as needed for clinical
- Travel to various centers as needed to work with clinical staff
as well as administrative meetings.
- Spend a portion of the week performing in a manner consistent
with other dentists to render clinical care to patients as
- Provide chart reviews upon request from the CDO to adhere to
quality control policies and procedures.
- Perform in a manner consistent with other dentists in taking
directives from center and/or regional management when performing
dentist role in center.
- Respond to Billing inquiries/tickets and production adjustments
- Manage and maintain the MCDC Dental Formulary and work with
vendors to ensure accuracy.
- Work with contracted dental laboratories to maintain quality
- Support of the MCDC vision, mission, culture and operating
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- In depth knowledge of current best practices within the dental
and healthcare industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication
- The ability to remain organized and detail-oriented while
working in a fast-paced environment.
- The skill to multi-task effectively without compromising the
quality of your work.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills with the disposition
to thrive under pressure.
- Self-motivation and ability to work both independently and as a
reliable team member.
- Ability to be impartial and separate DD role from clinical
dentist role when dealing with fellow dentists on clinical or
- Ability to learn new duties and adjust to new situations
encountered on the job within a reasonable amount of time.
- Ability to negotiate conflict and maintain constructive working
relationships with people at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to travel throughout disperse geographical region.
- The qualified candidate will possess a degree in dentistry,
either DDS or DMD
- The qualified candidate will possess an understanding of
billing practices and coding, with specific experience in Medicaid
- A commitment to health care improvement as documented by
membership in appropriate professional organizations and attendance
at meetings which have the primary function of imparting knowledge
related to continuous quality improvement.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that
provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
MCDC offers competitive pay above ADA average. We also offer
full-time benefits including: health, dental, vision insurance,
retirement plan with a 100% matching contribution up to 5%
matching, life and disability insurance, MCDC-paid professional
liability insurance, professional association dues contribution, CE
reimbursement, potential state and federal student loan
reimbursements, paid holidays, modern facilities, equipment and
electronic patient records, complimentary MCDC work attire, gym
Keywords: Michigan Community Dental Clinics, Green Bay , Dental Director, Other , Petoskey, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!