Continuous Improvement Manager (12591-159)
Company: Graphic Packaging
Posted on: June 13, 2021
MISSION / SUMMARY:
Responsible for ensuring the quality of incoming raw materials
and outgoing product are within established standards, customer
specifications, and product parameters, aligning with GPI business,
cultural, financial and operational objectives. Works with
operations teams to utilize lean concepts to eliminate waste.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the
- Represents the facility as the point of contact for customers
for all matters relating to quality review, customer site visits,
new product launches, and audit planning.
- Monitors key customer "temperature" by performance to standard,
and leads corrective actions from A3 problem solving
- Initiates investigations and corrective actions of customer
complaints and other issues relating to product quality.
- Track metrics daily to ensure that all departments are running
- Drives Voice of the Customer activities to track defects by
customer, department, equipment, or shift.
- Actively uses customer complaint system to manage customer
complaints through SAP.
- Ascertain that all critical suppliers are providing materials
within specifications, through vendor sampling and site
- Leads Plant efforts on continual improvement through Kaizen,
A3, etc. to reduce spoilage and improve manufacturing
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to teams.
- Enforce all Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
- Four year degree in a science or engineering preferred; or
closely related work experience required in lieu of degree.
- General schedule is an 8-10 hour M-F assignment, however,
employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally;
that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be
punctual while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, or
riding. Travel to customer locations to assist with trials or to
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Business Acumen
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- 5-7 years experience in management, at a department or plant
- Leading direct reports to excel at manufacturing goals and
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the
box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the
microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held
your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of
craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest
manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of
the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice,
household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in
Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative,
passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer
packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations
in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive
to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in
the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace
diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are
among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make
our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of,
we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications
for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on
an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or
sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity,
genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any
other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here
to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Keywords: Graphic Packaging, Green Bay , Continuous Improvement Manager (12591-159), Other , Wausau, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!