If you're a user experience (UX) designer with at least two
years of experience in UX design processes, conventions, and tools,
check out this opportunity at Sentry. Our Digital Marketing team
needs an experienced UX designer who's well-established in the UX
role but who wants more opportunities to exercise a passion for
creating user-centered designs. This is a challenging and exciting
opportunity for you to stretch your skills and help build a growing
area within a Fortune 1000 company.
As a User Experience Designer, you will create innovative
digital solutions that achieve our business goals and objectives.
In addition to creating interactive prototypes, you will conduct
market research, design user flows, and perform usability testing
to gauge the needs and priorities of users. You will work closely
with IT and marketing teams to ensure the delivery of solutions are
both feasible and align with business' goals and objectives - all
while staying abreast to the latest trends and technologies.
Collaboration is a key part of our team. To best partner with
our UX team and support our business partners, this role will be
required to work from our Stevens Point, WI Home Office or our
Middleton, WI Office once we repopulate our offices.
What You'll Do
As a UX Designer, you'll collaborate with cross-functional teams
of marketing, business unit stakeholders, product managers and
developers to understand business objectives, target customers and
technical constraints. Additionally, you will:
- Conduct research to understand product specifications, user
behavior, and website usability.
- Translate research findings, business requirements, and
feedback from cross-functional teams to complete UX designs and
- Create information architecture (sitemaps), user flows,
wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- Make modifications to current digital products or assist with
new enterprise solutions that meet the business goals and
objectives, while also creating an intuitive user experience.
- Present design concepts, user needs and design rationale to
business stakeholders and IT teams
- Conduct usability testing to gather feedback, identify
opportunities, and validate designs.
- Coordinate the development and delivery of all marketing assets
for assigned UX tasks and projects.
- Conduct acceptance testing on enhancements to existing systems
or participate in acceptance testing on new systems.
- Provide findings on defects or enhancements to marketing team
and development team with recommended solutions
- Monitor digital experience engagement by developing and
completing usability testing, evaluating traffic patterns, and
studying user feedback.
What it Takes
- Minimum of 2+ years of professional UX Design work
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Education and/or experience in User Interface design and
interaction, Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or
- Proven ability to apply analytical skills to produce effective
design solutions based on research, best practices, customer
feedback and usability testing
- Proficiency with prototyping tools such as Axure, Balsamiq,
Figma, InVision, etc.
- Oral and written communications skills, and the ability to
translate and communicate technical information to non-technical
business unit management
- Ability to establish cross-functional relationships and an
understanding of IT development and business processes
- Experience in designing for accessibility, responsive layouts,
and mobile applications preferred
- An understanding of Agile development processes preferred
What You'll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes' list of America's Best
Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into
that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At
Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation.
Below are some benefits and perks that you'll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight
percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry
How You'll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry's team, select the one
position that you are most interested in being considered for and
complete your online application details. If you have applied with
us before, you will only need to provide your email address and
password. If this is your first time applying, you'll need to
create an account. Please complete your application and upload your
All of us at Sentry-more than 4,000 associates-have various
talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on
our promises to our policyholders every day. We're proud to offer a
full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to
help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and
service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to
claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a
rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for
ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We
got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and
protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in
us, we're one of the largest and financially strongest mutual
insurance companies in the United States. We're rated A+ by A.M.
Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment
based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability,
age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!