Senior Information Security Analyst - GRC
Company: Sentry Insurance
Location: Stevens Point
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Sentry, we have Information Security Analysts who help move
our company forward by focusing on Governance, Risk and Compliance.
Our IS Analysts conduct assessments of varying complexity to
review, evaluate and test security and IT controls, rate the
effectiveness of safeguards and evaluate compliance to security
related policies and standards. This position can be filled as an
IS Analyst Sr. or IS Analyst depending on the related skills and
experience of the selected candidate.
In this role, you will be responsible for working on day to day
Information Security compliance, governance, and risk management
functions as well as administration and enhancement of the risk
management platform. You will also lead the development of
Information Security policies, standards and controls to protect
enterprise data. Collaboration is a key part of our team. To best
partner with our Information Security team and support our business
partners, this role will be required to work from our Stevens
Point, WI Home Office once we repopulate our offices.
What You'll Do
- Work with stakeholders across the organization to build
information security controls that manage risk and drive compliance
to Sentry's policies and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Advise internal and external customers on aligning business
processes and goals with information security priorities.
- Administer and enhance Sentry's GRC platform, including
developing risk management workflows, supporting users, performing
software upgrades and system testing.
- Harness Sentry's GRC platform and other analytical tools to
test security compliance.
- Lead risk assessments, including overseeing the planning and
execution, as well as interviewing stakeholders, gathering data,
analyzing the effectiveness of controls, and evaluating risk
- Present assessment findings to impacted parties and recommend
mitigation strategies including technology, compensating controls,
or policy modifications to improve overall security posture.
- Drive risk remediation activities from planning to closure
while ensuring remediation process owners deliver agreed solutions
within the expected timeframe.
- Track and analyze emerging security trends, issues, and
regulations, assess their impact to Sentry's Information Security
Program, and lead initiatives to develop new governance processes
to address them.
- Accurately communicate evidence and information on the
compliance and effectiveness of Sentry's security program to
internal and external stakeholders in collaboration with IT, Legal,
Internal Audit, and External Examiners.
- Interface with third parties to assess and manage risk.
What it Takes
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science,
Computer Information Systems, or related field (preferred).
- 4+ years of work experience in Information Security,
Information Security Auditing, or Governance, Risk and
- One or more Information Security or Risk Management
Certifications - CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, PCI ISA, etc.
- Experience with compliance regulations and best practice
security frameworks (i.e. NYDFS Cybersecurity Regulation, HIPAA,
SSAE18, SOC 1, PCI, ISO 27001/2).
- Knowledgeable in a diverse set of security and technical IT
skills, including scripting or application development. Functional
experience with security tools and platforms.
- Able to work independently, as well as part of a diverse,
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to
communicate security compliance and risk concepts to audiences with
varying levels of experience and knowledge.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual thinking
- Proficiency managing multiple competing priorities and
- Commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
What You'll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes' list of America's Best
Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into
that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At
Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation.
Below are some benefits and perks that you'll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight
percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry
How You'll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry's team, select the one
position that you are most interested in being considered for and
complete your online application details. If you have applied with
us before, you will only need to provide your email address and
password. If this is your first time applying, you'll need to
create an account. Please complete your application and upload your
All of us at Sentry-more than 4,000 associates-have various
talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on
our promises to our policyholders every day. We're proud to offer a
full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to
help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and
service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to
claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a
rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for
ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We
got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and
protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in
us, we're one of the largest and financially strongest mutual
insurance companies in the United States. We're rated A+ by A.M.
Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment
based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability,
age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!
Keywords: Sentry Insurance, Green Bay , Senior Information Security Analyst - GRC, Other , Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!