Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2021
What you will do
Works with a variety of instrumentation, automation, data
acquisition, audio/visual, and electrical equipment in support of
the company's activities, as directed, by performing the following
duties individually or as a member of a team.
How you will do it
- Reads and interprets test plans, procedures, and schematics.
Using same, determines set-up and gives feedback to design and
engineering to finalize plans and procedures.
- Calibrates, operates, and maintains instrumentation,
automation, and data acquisition equipment.
- Supports other technicians and engineers through the
collection, documentation, and storage of test data and automation
of various test set-ups.
- Fabricates electrical/mechanical test fixtures.
- Utilizes programs within the MET/CAL and LabVIEW programming
- Operates and troubleshoots a wide variety of audio/visual
- Assists in the development of calibration and other relative
- Exercises troubleshooting skills and determines corrective
actions for abnormal conditions for instrumentation and acquisition
- Collects and reduces operational and test data and
- Works with other technicians and personnel to meet program
- Assists Instrumentation Technicians (Levels II - IV) and/or
Test Engineers with advanced data acquisition and automation
- Provides input to the instrumentation team in regards to all
types of instrumentation, audio/visual, and electrical equipment
prior to procurement as required.
- Provides backup protection using appropriate equipment and PPE
during fire testing.
- Operates forklifts as required.
- Performs various housekeeping duties.
- Identifies and assists in remediation of any and all safety
hazards in the work place.
- Maintains a good safety record.
- Performs all elements of the job in accordance with established
What we look for
- AAS in Electrical Engineering Technology, Electronics (or
- Remains focused on the safety of themselves and others
- Experience with PC-based data acquisition and calibration
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Enjoys a hands-on work environment
- Good communications skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, results oriented
- Strong math skills
- Comfortable working in a variety of environments (from clean to
greasy / sooty)
- Works well both independently as well as in a team
- Ability to interpret / follow test plans and approval agency
standards (e.g. UL / FM)
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status,
status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other
characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view
EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you
require an accommodation during the application process, please
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Green Bay , Instrumentation Technician, Other , Marinette, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!