Company: Treehouse Foods
Posted on: July 19, 2021
WI Manawa (inactive)
Job Posting Title:
SUMMARY: Provides overall leadership for manufacturing
departments in the areas of safety, productivity, quality, cost,
equipment and engagement. Through subordinates, monitors and
evaluates the production process and recommends methods to optimize
product yields, equipment operation and process control while
reducing waste. Engages all employees in continuous improvement and
fosters a positive work environment while developing a culture of
ownership and accountability.
SCOPE: Manages staff of Business Process Owners (BPOs) and
indirectly manages staff of Production Supervisors. Overall
responsibility for approx. 350 hourly manufacturing employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interpret safety policies/practices to employees including
enforcing safe work practices.
- Manage a staff of direct reports through regular performance
reviews and developmental activities to ensure movement toward a
high performance / high engagement organization, while assuring
effective departmental performance.
- Utilize available data (line speed target, set-up guidelines,
and efficiency and process data) to continuously improve
productivity, uptime and reliability. Utilize the above information
as a tool to improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and
- Help in the implementation, support and drive of continuous
- Set clear priorities and align resources to deliver against
business and regulatory requirements in the areas of cost,
financial controls, and quality, safety and business
- Manage product quality by understanding and communicating
customer needs to employees and ensuring expectations are
consistently met and according to standard work.
- Establishes clear goals and accountability to subordinates and
provides performance feedback on a regular basis. Mentors, develops
and trains subordinates in current position and for future career
- Assesses production capabilities of the department and makes
recommendations in order to maintain pace with demand.
- Works with outside vendors and internal engineering in the
design of production lines and production equipment.
- Determine schedules, sequences and assignments for work
activities based on work priority, quantity of equipment and skill
- Diagnose equipment, ingredients and packaging issues.
Coordinate with Engineering, Maintenance or others as appropriate
to solve production-related problems.
- Ensure each manufacturing area is maintained in accordance with
BRC & AIB standards.
- Ensure security of employees, facilities and information
systems by following and enforcing established security
- Ensure clear and concise communication to all levels in the
- Serve as Operations representative for the PLM process.
- Ensure regular safety inspections are conducted in all
- Ensure all manufacturing areas comply with 5S requirements and
bays are washed regularly as needed, including utilizing the
correct chemicals, dosage and application procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Four-year degree required plus
7-10 years of manufacturing experience, with a minimum three years
of experience in a supervisory capacity OR equivalent combination
of education and experience. Previous experience in Continuous
Improvement / Lean environment strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None
COMPUTER SKILLS: Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel.
Experience with SAP is helpful.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Professional verbal and written
communication skills, organizational skills and delegation skills
required. Ability to coach, mentor and develop others required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed
written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems
involving variables in standardized situations.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to
use hands to handle documents or reach with hands and arms and talk
or listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or
balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may
(depending on the area assigned) be exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions, moving mechanical parts, high or precarious places,
fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold or extreme heat. The
noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Keywords: Treehouse Foods, Green Bay , Operations Manager, Other , Manawa, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!