Company: Treehouse Foods
Posted on: October 11, 2021
WI Manawa (inactive)
Job Posting Title:
Provides overall leadership for manufacturing departments in the
areas of safety, productivity, quality, cost, equipment, and
engagement. Through subordinates, monitors and evaluates the
production process and recommends methods to optimize product
yields, equipment operation, and process control while reducing
waste. Engages all employees in continuous improvement and fosters
a positive work environment while developing a culture of ownership
Scope: Manages a staff of 10 Business Process Owners
(salaried leadership staff) and indirectly manages multiple
Production Supervisors. Overall responsibility for approx. 350
hourly manufacturing employees.
- Interpret safety policies/practices to employees including
enforcing safe work practices.
- Manage a staff of direct reports through regular performance
reviews and developmental activities to ensure movement toward a
high performance / high engagement organization, while assuring
effective departmental performance.
- Utilize available data (line speed target, set-up guidelines,
and efficiency and process data) to continuously improve
productivity, uptime and reliability. Utilize the above information
as a tool to improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and
- Help in the implementation, support and drive of continuous
- Set clear priorities and align resources to deliver against
business and regulatory requirements in the areas of cost,
financial controls, and quality, safety and business
- Manage product quality by understanding and communicating
customer needs to employees and ensuring expectations are
consistently met and according to standard work.
- Establishes clear goals and accountability to subordinates and
provides performance feedback on a regular basis. Mentors, develops
and trains subordinates in current position(s) and for future
- Assesses production capabilities of the department and makes
recommendations in order to maintain pace with demand.
- Works with outside vendors and internal engineering in the
design of production lines and production equipment.
- Determine schedules, sequences and assignments for work
activities based on work priority, quantity of equipment and skill
- Diagnose equipment, ingredients and packaging issues.
Coordinate with Engineering, Maintenance or others as appropriate
to solve production-related problems.
- Ensure each manufacturing area is maintained in accordance with
BRC & AIB standards.
- Ensure security of employees, facilities and information
systems by following and enforcing established security
- Ensure clear and concise communication to all levels in the
- Serve as Operations representative for the PLM process.
- Ensure regular safety inspections are conducted in all
- Ensure all manufacturing areas comply with 5S requirements and
bays are washed regularly as needed, including utilizing the
correct chemicals, dosage and application procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree required plus 7-10 years of manufacturing
experience, with a minimum three years of experience in a
supervisory capacity OR equivalent combination of education and
experience. Previous experience in Continuous Improvement / Lean
environment strongly preferred.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills,
organizational skills and delegation skills required.
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop others required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with
problems involving variables in standardized situations.
- Minimal travel may be required.
Keywords: Treehouse Foods, Green Bay , Operations Manager, Other , Manawa, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!