Hiring Now! Press Operators
Company: Multi-Color Corporation
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Multi-Color is one of the largest and
most awarded label companies in the world, servicing segments such
as Home & Personal Care, Food & Beverage, Wine & Spirits
and Consumer Durables. A true global leader, our state-of-the-art
facilities operate in over 26 countries.
Our 10,000+ employees
are guided by our core values: Integrity,
Passion, Creativity, Perseverance and
Achievement. These values constantly guide our
interactions and decision making at Multi-Color!
We’re hiring for multiple Press
Operators across multiple shifts in our label manufacturing
facility. When you join MCC, you’ll be a part of a global company
where we turn blank materials into well-known brand
This might be the job for you
- Your paintbrush is a photopolymer
plate. Your canvas is a 10,000 foot roll of stock material. You are
Picasso and packaging is your Mona Lisa.
- You are fussy, picky, finicky, hairsplitting, a nitpicker. This
job is all about the details.
- You have experience (a lot or a little) as a flexographic press
operator or equivalent comprehensive experience elsewhere in the
print field. You've got printing fever and the only prescription is
a career at MCC.
- You bug the heck out of friends and family every time you go
into a store because you have to comment on the registration,
construction or print quality of everything in your cart.
- Thrive in a team atmosphere. There is no "I" In
- You like to take the lead, call the shots, be the "the man" or
- Ability to learn is off the charts and you're hungry for more
complex projects like variable image, shrink film and multi-web
- You can follow operating procedures, work instructions and
checklists like a pirate clutching a magical treasure map
- Are 18 years of age or older
- You are serving in the military or are a veteran. You guys and
gals seriously rock.
- You want to see your own work on your brand of beer, your
favorite tube of lipstick or the food you feed your family.
You want to work here
- We're the world leader in printing and packaging
- Night shift premiums
- Fully climate controlled facility
- New technology including Mark Andy P-Series presses, digital
print capabilities and more
- Wage reviews every 4 months until you're in the top 50% of the
- Onsite nurse and physical therapist
- 401(k) with company match
- Catered lunches, special events and giveaways
- Full medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage
after as few as 30 days
- 10 paid holidays/year + vacation
- Manage, setup and run presses
- Work indirectly with Quality personnel on a daily basis for
quality standards and sign-off.
- Work directly with their production leads/Supervisor to
understand and support the goals, plans, and policies of the
- Understand from production leads/Supervisor what steps to go
through for verification before a job is taken down
- Work with production leads/Supervisor to minimize and avoid
future backorders, reruns, and flag sheet occurrences
- Work overtime as requested by management.
- Perform the mandatory daily stretching to contribute to a
healthier, safe work environment.
- Keep your press area clean and safe by abiding within the
established company cleanliness requirements, AIB, and safety
policies and procedures.
- Properly fill out and complete all required paperwork for the
- Responsible for verification of job material requirements, copy
and color requirements, press diagram sheet and anilox
- Responsible for following current and any new procedures.
- Read, understand, and follow work instructions for each order,
reporting any discrepancies to your production lead/Supervisor for
- Report any necessary maintenance required on the press or
auxiliary equipment to your production lead/Supervisor and fill out
the required work order.
- Follow and perform all established procedures for quality of
product, planning and trouble-shooting each order, requesting help
from production lead/Supervisors as necessary.
- Follow and perform all established procedures for specialized
- Perform daily preventative maintenance.
- Request direction or additional training as needed.
- Work together as a team to improve and streamline the process
with each department.
- May be required to view labels with assistance of strobe light
(Warning: Strobe lights may trigger epileptic seizures in persons
with photosensitive epilepsy).
- Forward any suggestions or concerns to production
lead/Supervisor and work with him/her to improve your ability to
run equipment proficiently, reduce waste, increase productivity,
reduce set-up times, and/or any additional enhancements to help
increase profit and through-put .
- Participate in implementation of process improvement for
internal/external customers through data collection, standardized
procedures and teamwork.
- Required to work 12 hour shifts; required to work weekends as
scheduled on a regular or as-needed basis.
Qualifications and Education
- 5 years of relevant experience in
press operation in a manufacturing environment or equivalent
combination of education and experience preferred.
Physical and/or mental
While performing the duties of this
job the employee is required to:
- Wear hearing, foot, eye and/or other
personal protective equipment while in a manufacturing
- Continually stand for a prolonged
period; moderately to frequently walk, stoop, bend, and
- Frequently use hands and fingers to
handle, feel, and grasp/clasp; use hands and arms to reach for
items in the work area
- Frequently vertically lift and/or
horizontally move up to 50 pounds (20 pounds on a repetitively);
Use hands and arms to push or pull up to 35 pounds
- Vision abilities include – close,
distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to
distinguish color variations, and ability to adjust
- Medium to loud noise
- Work flexible/varying schedules and
hours as needed
- Work overtime as required by
workload and customer mandated deadlines
Duties may be change or additional
duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Keywords: Multi-Color Corporation, Green Bay , Hiring Now! Press Operators, Other , Algoma, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!