Bedding Class 5 Machine Operator 1st Shift
Company: Central Garden & Pet Company
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Kaytee is growing and currently looking to add a 1 st Shift
Machine Operator to our team. Your primary role would be to setup
and run machine and associated equipment.
At Kaytee, you have the opportunity to work with products for
birds, hamsters, rabbits and other small animals. We offer a clean
work environment with free uniforms, onsite fitness center and an
onsite Health & Wellness clinic for employees and their families.
Other benefits include full medical, dental and vision coverage,
free life and disability insurance and a full 3% match on your 401k
contributions, along with a yearly profit-sharing bonus. If you
find your skills match the qualifications we are seeking below, we
invite you to apply for this position!
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Start machine, make adjustments as necessary and perform
- Perform efficient machine set-up, clean out and
- Maintain communication with Bagger Operator, line associates
and during shift change.
- Train new and existing line personnel and backups.
- Perform inspection of mix quality out of the Ingredient
- Complete paperwork in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly fashion (Complete
- Understand and know the goals and objectives of the
- Comply with all safety rules and company policies.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for reporting any Food Safety issues to authorized
personnel for correction.
- Able to work overtime, with some shift flexibility as
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess one-year operator or backup operator experience.
- Ability to operate forklift and handcart in a safe manner.
- Ability to analyze problem(s), troubleshoot and provide
- Must have the ability to lift up to 105 lbs. with
- Must have the ability to bend, twist, turn and climb.
- Possess solid organizational skills.
- Effectively communicate with others in a manner which promotes
lean manufacturing in a "team" environment.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations (add, subtract,
multiple and divide).
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe
- Work is performed in a manufacturing/warehouse
- Work temperatures can vary due to outside temperatures.
- Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours
(on each respective shift) and average at least 40 hours a
- There may be some variation in work hours due to overtime,
special projects, deadlines, and other concerns.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Central Garden & Pet Company, Green Bay , Bedding Class 5 Machine Operator 1st Shift, Other , Chilton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!