Assembler I - Sentry 2nd Shift
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi
industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than
150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings,
efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next
generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to
deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our
commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with
the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are
committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value
for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our
buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information,
please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols
STATEMENT OF JOB
Working under supervision of the Sentry Cell Supervisor, the Hose
Assembler works from blueprints, work instructions and production
orders to properly assemble, crimp and test Sentry and similar
types of hoses. Responsible for set-up, operating, and maintaining
all equipment associated with hose assembly. Trains proper hose
assembly helpers. The company reserves the right to rotate
employees to other departments or work assignments within the
organization as needed based upon skill set, production needs,
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, AND SAFETY OBLIGATIONS
Comply with the following Environmental, Health and Safety duties
as a condition of employment:
* Comply with safety rules
* Attend and Participate in Safety Training
* Participate actively in the safety process
* Ask questions if something isn't known
* Report all accidents and injuries immediately
* Submit suggestions to improve safety
* Know responsibilities in the event of an emergency (i.e. what to
do in the event of an alarm for fire, chemical spills, tornados,
* Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
* Must have Lock-out tags after 6 months
* Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste
* Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
* Spill management and clean-up.
* Air shutoff locations.
* Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and
* Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage
Must be 18 years of age and have a HS Diploma or equivalent. Must
be able to read and interpret prints, work instructions and
production orders. Must have basic math skills and have a
mechanical aptitude. Must be able to learn intricate crimper
programming adjustments. Must maintain testing records. Must be
able to fill out daily time card including production counts and
orders. Report any scrap on scrap tickets and discrepancy reports.
Lifting, pulling and pushing of hose assemblies and components up
to 50 lbs. Repetitive bending will be required.
1. Verifies correct parts are available for production order.
Inspects hoses, ferrules, couplings and nozzle tips for
manufacturing defects and proper fit.
2. Sets-ups crimp machine with appropriate die set and programming
3. Must be able to determine the overall quality of the product as
to whether it should be rejected or accepted for each assembly
4. Instructs helpers to assemble proper components to hose.
Proceeds to crimp the nozzle and coupling to hose. Verifies proper
crimp pressure is applied and adjusts machine accordingly.
5. After crimping, verifies clear passage of assembled hose.
6. After crimping, verifies or stamps part number on coupling end
of assembled hose, as applicable.
7. Sets-up hose cutting machine to cult bulk hose to proper length
8. Attends to proper storage of components in assembly area
(restocking parts, removing boxes and pallets, etc.)
9. Clean and organize area at end of shift.
10. Performs miscellaneous related duties as assigned by the
11. Supporting the training and development of peers within the
12. Communicates problems, part shortages and other pertinent
information to key contact people in the support area.
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Green Bay , Assembler I - Sentry 2nd Shift, Other , Marinette, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!