Claims Representative Sr
Location: Stevens Point
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Sentry's dedication to customers is embodied by our best
associates. At Sentry, our associates take care of our customers
with a passion for service and delivering business results. As one
of the largest mutual insurance companies in the US, we're
completely focused on offering exceptional claims service to our
policyholders. To help uphold our premier standards, we are
currently recruiting for a Senior Claims Representative to work
within our Commercial Liability unit.
This position has potential to work remotely from home.What You'll
DoAs a Senior Claims Representative with Sentry, you'll provide
superior customer service by conducting prompt claim
investigations, which includes evaluating coverage, determining
liability, and settlement of damages. In addition, you'll:
- Promptly investigate new commercial auto, general liability,
and product claims
- Review coverage forms and contracts to interpret applicable
coverage then communicate the analysis to our customers
- Evaluate the facts and develop and execute plans to resolve
bodily injury and property damage claims
- Review medical documentation to determine the value of bodily
- Document all decisions, correspondence, reports, and
- Negotiate the settlement of bodily injury and property damage
claims with claimants and their legal counsel
- Pay claims within assigned authority limits
- Interpret coverage and communicate the analysis to our
- Present an overview of specific claims to customers and company
associatesWhat it Takes
- Bachelor's degree or related experience
- 2-5 years of bodily injury claims experience required
- Knowledge of insurance policies and coverage, claim payment
procedures, insurance regulations, and familiarity with medical and
legal terminology is preferred
- Prior experience with large exposure catastrophic type
- Background in handling a caseload of litigated files
- Analytical skills to review, exercise judgment, and evaluate
claims to make sound decisions
- Ability to review and interpret complex and detailed
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Effective computer and math skills beneficialWhat You'll
ReceiveWe take great pride in making Forbes' list of America's Best
Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into
that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At
Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation.
Below are some benefits and perks that you'll receive.
- To best support our associates and our culture, Sentry is happy
to offer flexibility through a scheduled work from home (Monday and
Friday)/in office days (Tuesday through Thursday).
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight
percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry
About SentryAll of us at Sentry-more than 4,000 associates-have
various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to
deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We're proud
to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance
products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and
retirement income. Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin,
with claims and service offices located throughout the United
States. From sales to claims, and information technology to
marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment
with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We
got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and
protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in
us, we're one of the largest and financially strongest mutual
insurance companies in the United States. We're rated A+ by A.M.
Best, the industry's leading rating authority. Get ready to own
your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!
Nic La RosaNIC.LAROSA@SENTRY.COMEqual Employment OpportunitySentry
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy that there be no
discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin,
religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual
Keywords: Sentry, Green Bay , Claims Representative Sr, Other , Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!