Machine Operator II REDLINE Fab 2nd Shift
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Must be 18 years of age and have a HS Diploma or equivalent. Must
be able to read prints and use small hand tools whenever needed to
perform duties. Work is performed mostly from a standing position
but must be able to work while bending and in uncomfortable
positions. Requires working with light to heavy materials.
* Operates projection tube and collar welder to weld components
such as carrying handle lugs, confiners, hanger attachments,
collars, and bottoms to extinguisher shells. Sets up welders by
sight-setting of torch and wire projections, adjusting gas, wire
feed speeds, amperages and voltages, setting welding overlap for
various size Red Line Shells. Using hand tools attaches fixtures to
each machine during size changeovers.
* Operates a seam welder and planisher to fabricate 10, 20 and 30
pound shells. Using hand tools sets up both machines when shell
requirement change, by removal of the mandrel, adjusting arms,
adjusting stops, etc. Utilizes expander to test and check seam
* Operates welders to weld red Line, 101 and JOY shell spuds and
bottoms. Using hand tools sets up spud, collar and bottom welders
when shell size requirements change. Adjusts welding head angles,
wire feed, weld speeds, voltages and amperages and gases as
necessary for welding of JOY and Red Line shells.
* Hydrostatically tests extinguishers by plugging shell openings
and filling each shell with water and pressurizing to
specifications and time. Visually check each shell for leaks and
identifies then by marking the location of leak.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, AND SAFETY OBLIGATIONS
Comply with the following Environmental, Health and Safety duties
as a condition of employment:
* Comply with safety rules
* Attend and Participate in Safety Training
* Participate actively in the safety process
* Ask questions if something isn't known
* Report all accidents and injuries immediately
* Submit suggestions to improve safety
* Know responsibilities in the event of an emergency (i.e. what to
do in the event of an alarm for fire, chemical spills, tornados,
* Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
* Must have Lock-out tags after 6 months
* Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste
* Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
* Spill management and clean-up.
* Air shutoff locations.
* Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and
* Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any
other characteristic protected by law. To view more information
about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a
candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a
disability and you require an accommodation during the application
process, please visit here.
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Green Bay , Machine Operator II REDLINE Fab 2nd Shift, Other , Marinette, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!